On A Serious Note .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I've been hanging out with you guys for however long, I've not given much of myself away but I wanted to share this little Kanga moment with you.

I was in me office, minding me own business, my PA who we shall call "Sheila" for all intents and purposes caught me looking at this sight. She commented that she thought something had been "wrong" with me as I hadn't been "myself" for the past while. Well, I asked her what she meant and she said that I had become more "civilised" (I hate all this "quote" crap to but just run with me). Anyway, on further investigation it turns out that me mates thought I had joined some sort of cult as I "hadn't been gettin' off me face" on the weekends.

I hadn't realised the effect of coming on this site. I still see the mates, but, didn't really realise that I had kind of stopped the bad behaviour and been coming home sober as a judge and been a lot busier with other things the past while.

So, to cut a long, bloody boring story short, here is The Kanga tippin' his hat to his mates on this site.

Now I'll go before I decide not to post this.
    :k TheKanga

Tippin' me lid right back at ya.

Tawnbag

Comment

Hi guys,

I've bee following the progress of the aussies; read the poems etc. Any of you on Topa? Just read a post from Gateway that said she couldn't get it in OZ. Also, how do you get the pretty pictures next to your username? I'd like one of a Pug dog - my dog's name is Frankie (he was looking at me with those beautiful bulging eyes when I registered so, of course, my username had to be Frankie.)

Rob

Comment

Kanga,

Wow......good work man! It takes a big man to say that!
        You add fun and smiles to our day!
        This site is like a good book with so many different characters! You're a favorite!

Nancy & Belle
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

The MWO Cult

That's a hoot about the cult, Kanga! Thanks for your story, "quotes" and all. Right back atchya, mate!
          Kathi
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hiya Kanga,
            Just wanted to stop and say hello.
            I've read some of your earlier posts and you sound like a real character (without the sauce)
            Best of luck mate...Wayne
            LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
            IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Hi Kanga,

You sound so much fun. Hey, my three kids and my hubby have all commented on my better attitude, more relaxed manner. Day 21 of mods for me. I too, would never have believed my nights would not be filled with the wine. I can't get over the clear headedness!! All the best.

Big hugs,

Deanie

Comment

Kanga

Aw Shucks, Kanga, you shouldn't have.

But glad you did.

Right back at ya.

Helen

Comment

I worked up a bit of a sweat after I posted that - didn't feel that I had done the right thing! I have a problem with playing the "straight" guy - and no I'm not a poofter - nothing against poofters by the way. I've always been a bit of a larrikin and that's just the way I am so it was bloody hard posting that. I don't mind me mates ragin' on till all hours but I'm just finding that I'm startin' to feel like a pork chop in a Jewish Synagogue at the weekend booze ups. Maybe I'm just a bloody wowser now but who bloody cares?

I'm not takin' anythin' apart from me vitamin and minerals, liver detox tabs and eatin' me bloody fruit n veggies, get some exercise and finding new mates. I think, if ye boil it all down, it's lookin' after yourself and changing yer bloody bad habits. I've read the My Way Out book and got a lot from that but am finding that this site is worth it's weight in gold. I come here for a laugh and for support. If I make a blue then I come on here and get my self recharged.

As me old Scottish Grandfather used to say "Yer a lang time deid".

Right, I've just had a beaut idea for a new thread .........
                  :k TheKanga

Comment

Thanks Kanga........bump
                    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thank You for that...:h
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I believe he loved us as much as we loved him.

Comment

This was the special side of Kanga. He was hysterically funny, a "man's man", and suddenly there was this macho fellow exposing his vulnerability for us all. This was one of my favorite posts of his.

He brought many things to this board, and I will miss him. I have a feeling that the tears will be flowing around here today.....:sigh:

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Ciao Kanga we love you!!! But I am really sad! I know I didn't partake much but i sure enjoyed watching! :upset:
                            Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Let's just keep bumbing these.......
                              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                              X