Army Thread 8th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 8th February

Yep will have a look for you now. Can you open a link or shall i just post the info?

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

limers;542113 wrote: Zen , im not big into poetry but that was nice. Im off to bed now, see you all tomorrow.
      Night Limey, sleep well x x

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Oney, it might mean "non-smoking"?

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Or it might mean that NA (Narcotics Anonymous) members are also welcome? In some AA groups, they only want to let people talk about alcohol... usually it's the old-times who tend to think that alkies are different from, and superior to, those addicted to other drugs...

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

That's great Oney... you will probably meet some really wonderful people...

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Wip that's why I feel more at home in N/A meetings than I've ever done at an AA meeting. At the end of the day it matters not what my drug of choice is cause I'll kick the arse end out of any of em given half a chance!! But N/A gives me a much wider and bigger perspective on addiction I think rather than it solely being down to my drug of choice which just happens to be alcohol. AA is too restrictive concerning itself with just alcohol and I agree that it does tend to be a lot of the old-timers who have that attitude because a lot of them have probably never touched an illegal drug in their lives.

i'm not sure about the N though oney as the list of meetings I've got for here only have a section for OTHER information where it lets you know if it's a step meeting or a big book study group. It's considered that most or a lot of members in AA still smoke funnily enough and all the meetings I've been too you've had to smoke outside the building anyway; even off the premises in some meetings.

Hips
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

It would be great for your social side too oney. your a wonderfull help to people, and its a place you can really release.
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Oney, if Social Services where you are is anything like it is here, even if someone were so crazy as to report you, they would not be looking for evidence that you'd done too much drinking in the past, but how your household and family and kids are doing, now... are the kids safe and happy and clean, etc. And I don't think they would even begin an investigation just based on someone calling them and saying they had seen you going to an AA meeting.

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

The most powerful tool I have at the moment is my mobile phone and numbers of fellow addicts like myself who have more years experience than me at this who I can ring when I'm thinking of picking up a drink. I could only get those numbers by attending meetings and nowhere else. I'm actually meeting a guy in Liverpool on Tuesday to have a chat and that's what I need oney. face to face meetings with guys (and gals for that matter!) who know my addictive head better than I do myself.

Hips
                    xx

p.s. Cym that Prodigy tune is spot on mate. about time they released something new!!
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Oney what I do know, from having gone to AA meetings for years, is that there are LOTS of mothers who go, and I have never heard of one of them getting into any kind of trouble because of going to AA meetings.

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

You could go to an open meeting oney, which mean you could be going for someone else. You could have a chat with someone then in private.
                        looking forward to the album Hipps. check out the live track from t in the park too. Banging!
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

One as you know my ex called social services regarding Jas and her safety in my care after mediation suggested she do so. Because I still had access in some shape or form they felt there was no immediate threat. When I finally get to court I presume they will become involved then at that stage but as long as I'm not drinking then they have no issue as far as current access goes. What I'm trying to say is don't fret ya big bulbous ass over it hon!! They have no reason to concern themselves even if someone does see you going to a meeting. If anything they'd probably give you a pat on the back and say well done for taking steps to further your sobriety.

Hips
                          xx

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

The people who are there are there cause you are there. they are very unlikely to report you.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

If I can do it Oney...
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
                              X