Now That You've Stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now That You've Stopped

Another sheet I picked up that I thought might be of help.

Now that you have stopped drinking, your main problem is not to start again. Here are a few practical tips, based on the experience of others, that should help make this easier for you.

1. eat as much as you can. You will feel less likely to want to drink on a full stomach.

2. If you do get a craving for drink, this may simply be the body's demand for liquid, which is often very strong. So drink plenty~provided its not alcoholic. Fruit juices with glucose, tea or coffee with plenty of sugar will best satisfy your body's need for plenty of liquid.

3. Alcohol destroyed your limited supply of vitamin B. Take plenty of vitamin tablets, especially those containing vit B compound.

4. A feeling of depression can be the result of being physically out of sorts. Keep your system regular.

5. Never sit gazing into spacewith your mind a complete blank. do something, anything positive.
    a. Go for a walk.
    b. Do a bit of gardening.
    c. Have a bath.
    d. Have a shave
    e. Make phone calls.
    etc etc...Any of these will break the mood period.

6. Never hesitate to conntact a friend. The person you call may need your call as much as you do. So never hesitate to ring.

7. Have a plan for your day. Dont just muddle through. You may not be able to carry it out but do your best.

8. Easy does it. Alcoholics tend to try and do too much too quickly.

9. First things first. Get your priorities sorted out, remembering always that sobriety takes precedence over everything else.

10. Losing your temper is a luxury you cant afford. Remember its even possible the other person could be right, so be tolerant and avoid emotional disturbance.

11. There is no problem which a drink will not make bigger, so keep all yours down to their true size by staying sober.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Now That You've Stopped

Another great thread Cy and once again I can apply it to my nicotine (or lack of!)
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

Thanks Cy. Nice reminder's. Alway's useful!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

cy its funny they teach that all to you in treatment,maybe we should be tot that as children,i guess we have to teach the rt concepts,the germans and russians tot there children at a young age they could be the most powerful nations in the world,it failed,but id o beleive if the human mind could truely understand the affects of abuse to the old body at a tendeer yung age,there would be a lot less pain

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

haha im winning at free poker hahaha

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

Keep it up, Gy! Thanks Cy - great forward-thinking stuff ay
            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

Thank you Cy

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

Thank you cy,
                another great post.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

Thank you Cy! You rock!
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

BINGO! (except some of us have to find something to fill our tummies with that's not going to put on weight) However, if weight gain has been a problem during drinking, I know I dropped weight quickly by keeping full on water and iced tea, eating a sliced apple every time I thought about food or ....., and walking, riding, any type excercise you are physically up to. Your body WANTS to be well, it just needs to override your addiction!
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Now That You've Stopped

Very good post Cy x

Comment

Working...
                      X