End Alcohol cravings by way of Water??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I am new to this forum but have lurked here in the past, there is a lot of great information and people here!

I downloaded the PDF and plan to get the cd's and the supplements, I probably won't do the Topa unless I fail without it.

I am 36 and have been drinking all through high school and college and quite heavily the past 15 years (average 10 - 12 drinks a day).

I came across this website recently http://www.watercure2.org/ and specifically the article "addictions" which you can access by clicking in the left pane.

I started this Sunday morning, my last drink was Saturday night (5 days so far). I can say that I have not had any withdrawal symptoms, and I have not had any cravings. I have stopped drinking for 5 days before in the past but would always have cravings and some anxiety withdrawal.

Any way 5 days is nothing to write home about but the fact that it has changed a process that was always painful in the past to somewhat of a "nonevent" is...

Best of all it's free.

jfw

hi jfw
    do we have to buy the cd or books-----i cant seem to find any directions to read or download.

Comment

surfer2 wrote: hi jfw
      do we have to buy the cd or books-----i cant seem to find any directions to read or download.
      Nope it is all free (although he does have a book out but you don't need it). On the home page in the middle you will see a link for the recipe and a FAQ.

Here is everything you need to know:

The Water Cure Recipe

Drink 1/2 your body weight of water in ounces, daily. Example: 180 lb = 90 oz. of water daily. Divide that into 8 or 10 oz. glasses and that's how many glasses you will need to drink, daily. Use 1/4 tsp. of salt for every quart of water you drink. Use salt liberally with food. As long as you drink the water, you can use the salt. Use only 50 to 80 mineral, no additive, unprocessed sea salt. Avoid table salt. It only has three minerals in it. While the best sea salts contain all minerals, you should eat a banana or two a day for potassium and take some magnesium, calcium and zinc to maximize your immune system.Avoid caffeinated or alcoholic drinks. These are diuretics and will dehydrate you. Every 6 oz. of caffeine or alcohol requires an additional 10 to 12 oz. of water to re-hydrate you.

Where can I get good sea salt (50 to 80 Minerals)?

You can call 1-800-TOP-SALT. (800-867-7258) http://www.celticseasalt.com/ This is the Grain Salt Society, 273 Fairway Drive, Asheville, North Carolina 28805. This is the best that we have found. It contains 84 trace minerals. Another one is the Redmond Mineral, Inc., P.O. Box 219, Redmond, Utah 84652. 1-435-529-7402. Their sea salt has over 70 trace minerals in it. BE CAREFUL when buying sea salt or Celtic Sea Salt. If it does not list minerals on the back, the odds are that you have just bought expensive, prettier packaged table salt. All salt came from the sea at one point. So it is legal for anyone to label their low grade salt as sea salt. Good Celtic Sea Salt is NOT white or dry.

Link which lists retail outlets where you can buy Celticseasalt by state:

http://www.celticseasalt.com/Find_Ce..._Sto_W67C3.cfm

John

PS: I have not yet used the sea salt, I went to my supermarket but all they had was the "no mineral" type so I am going to whole foods this weekend to buy some. The point being is that you don't need to necessarily start with the salt if you don't have any handy (which i'm sure most of us don't).

Comment

This sounds pretty amazing!

and you say you drank 10-12 drinks a day? what did you drink? Patty
        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

water

thanks jfw
          i know there is controversy about this method but i have heard it mentioned by a few people at work,i didn't pay much attention at the time,too busy thinking about other liquids.ive done some research on this and the amount is well below a toxic amount,especially if we take into consideration the amount of other liquids we consume in a day--thanks for the info and keep us informed on how you do,i think i will give this a try as well
          all the best

Comment

happycamper68 wrote: and you say you drank 10-12 drinks a day? what did you drink? Patty
            Beer and Wine mainly. I work in midtown Manhattan so there are plenty of bars and drinking folks to see, I hit happy hour every day for a couple hours after work. Easily sucked down 6 or so pints (im pretty big 6'5 230 so that was nothing really).. After that I would have another couple at home.

Those were just normal run-of-the-mill days there was always one night that ended up much later into the night and many more drinks..

Other times if I was home alone not to be deterred I would order a 1.5 bottle of Chardonnay and polish it off easily, sometimes if I was feeling particularly strong I would call down for another one and polish off half for good measure...

Comment

surfer2 wrote: thanks jfw
              i know there is controversy about this method but i have heard it mentioned by a few people at work,i didn't pay much attention at the time,too busy thinking about other liquids.ive done some research on this and the amount is well below a toxic amount,especially if we take into consideration the amount of other liquids we consume in a day--thanks for the info and keep us informed on how you do,i think i will give this a try as well
              all the best
              Yep I agree it is way below toxicity, no worries there. I'll see how things roll in the next couple weeks, I have a big barbeque next weekend where there will be plenty of booze. That will be a good a test as any... Take care..

Comment

Very Interesting

Hi all

Having a bad time here in england getting topa on script,on income support so no chance of buying it, going to give this water stuff a ago, free de tox and no calories.Thanks

Whitestar

Comment

wellwater

We have deep well water on our farm and since I started drinking it, I can't stand bottled or city water! When we had it tested, they said that it has "too many "good minerals in it! We do filter it.

My son is a marine and when he was in boot camp, they really pushed water for anything that was wrong with you. It became a joke around here....but I guess theres something to it!

Going to pick up sea salt when I go to store.

Thanks for the site and info!! Sure can't hurt to try!

Nancy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Question

Don't know if this can even be answered. However, I already drink a ton of water to make up for what I am losing from drinking wine. Is the salt the secret do you think? I am very curious about trying this and will do so. At the very least I am a gourmet cook and I have always wanted to cook with this salt and so now I have a good excuse. I would love to know if the rest of you do not drink water and that is why maybe this would work for some people; because you are rehydrating yourself. I am not in that position because I am very aware of how much of a diuretic wine and caffeine can be so I drink plenty. Thanks for letting us in on this, however. Sounds very intriguing.
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thanks jfw! I have been abs about 3 1/2 mos at this point and wondering why I wasn't feeling as good as I did a few weeks ago...I'd somehow "forgotten" to keep drinking lots of water everyday--AND I drink way too much coffee...as you know, it's been wretchedly hot here in NYC (and everywhere else, for that matter!), so I've been overindulging in iced coffee--no WONDER I'm not feeling so great! I'm not only not drinking enough water, I'm drinking more coffee that further dehydates me....duh!!

Thanks--I'm drinking a huge glass of H2O as we speak!

susan
                      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Working...
                      X