Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on valium

I removed this post, i dont want to sound like drama queen. Im sorry
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

I am on valium

Netty, If you want to talk and need some help, we are here to do that OK? It sounds like you have got yourself some advice now? How are you feeling?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am on valium

That's good Network. Make sure you don't drink with them. That's very dangerous as I'm sure you already know. Do they seem to be helping or too early to tell? Take care will you? You get everybody worried. :armsaround: :groupluv:
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

I am on valium

Hey Network, the dancing girl is only for IAD. It's his 49th birthday. So cover your eyes! :H:H:H
        Starting over again
        ray:

Comment

I am on valium

Startingover, thank you for everytning. I dont think anyone can help me now. I will find my way somehow, i dont want to be any trouble anymore.
          We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

I am on valium

Netty, there is no need to thank me, now come on, get off the pity pot and lets see some positivity from you. You know you can do this, you did it before and you were doing great! I think it was simply your mate putting daft ideas into your head that made you think you could play with fire?
            So, why dont you start by giving yourself a more positve signature? Everything we read and hear will react with our subconscious, if we read and hear positive stuff, then we will feel more positve. Will you give it a go?
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am on valium

Hi network. I think you have to ask yourself "have you truly accepted your alcoholism for what it is?". I'm not talking about admitting to yourself that you have a problem but accepting it and are willing to go to any lengths to stay sober. It's something I have only come to terms with myself after 20 months of trying to stay sober and not an easy decision to make. In retrospect I was only 'taking a break' from my drinking and clocking up 3/4 months sober at a time then falling back into my old ways. Yes I was sober but NOT in my head because I didn't want to accept the 'party' was over.

I used to suffer terrible panic attacks too and couldn't travel on tubes because the way the seating was arranged. I could only travel on buses because all the seats faced forwards and I didn't have to deal with someone sitting opposite me and me catching their eye!! I'd end up sweating and bright red faced and frozen with fear. I was so self obsessed and concerned with what other's thought of me. I think the nature of addiction has you that way self obsessing over EVERYTHING!

I can't comment on the valium as at the end of the day I'm no GP and have never found the need for them tbh. They did help my ex though when she wanted to get back off the drink. She knew they worked as long as she stayed off the drink while taking them. Maybe get some advise from your own GP concerning the dosage.

As far as the drama queen comment goes I think we've all been there at some point due to our drinking; even us blokes!! It doesn't matter what sex you are I think addicts are very sensitive at the best of times!!lol

network I've only recently returned to the forum and am only 17 days sober again myself. I couldn't give a shit what's gone as far as previous comments made tbh. Reaching out I found was the hardest thing to do but I'm doing that these days with fellow addicts face to face so I know how hard it can be. It's taken me nearly 20 months to realise I can't do this alone or solely use this forum for support. You have my support if you want it though and good for you for reaching out today.

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I am on valium

I have a problem with Valium and other drugs that alter mind and body! One is not sober on these pills, sorry. That is my opinion, and I am so glad i don't have to depend on them. They scare the living crap out of me. I get really upset reading about these pills people take, it is truly against the rules of sobriety.. I cannot stress that enough. Eventually they will cause one problems, and its another substance one has to fight off using.

Ripped. happy now net.

Comment

I am on valium

Hello Net,
                  I've not met you yet (ahh the poetry).
                  Look, in my opinion, ordinary doctors do not know much so you need to phone an alcholol and drug information service and ask for a recommendation. Now I suggest writing down the first 5 numbers that they come up with in your area. Then visit a few and listen to them carefully as most doctors don't know shit these days. Much like school teachers.
                  I could give you advice but that would not be either helpful or legal since I do not know your vital statistics.
                  Best Wishes

Comment

I am on valium

I understand janie.. i too was given something for an MRI.. we all know much too well what pills and alcohol can doo to SOME people.. i just have STRONG views about the pill deal. BOO.

The personality of the poster so closely reminds of someone i know. She doesn't seem honest about quitting and wants to advertise assorted methods, yet has no solid direction on where she is going. i pm'd her when she arrived and she failed to return my message.

Comment

Working...
                    X