you must quit the booze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you must quit the booze

This week if I could tell you has been rather horrendous for me. Cos I stopped boozing to such a level that I had been. I felt I was 'cured'. Thanks to you all at mwo and the support, then something happened and i went awol. But I have pain. I could barely walk on Monday and was so frightened. Then Tuesday it subsided. Then today it has come back with a vengeance. It is a pain that begins just under my rib cage and radiates to the back so if you can imagine I am bent double and really, really scared. It is horrendous. I feel dizzy, sweaty and in pain. All from drink. Nothing more. I could say well it is not drink, but I think because I stopped for so long and then re-started it has taken a hammering on my body. How on earth can we be alcoholics?? I hope we all manage to beat this. Cos honestly, it is truly the most horrendous pain you can imagine, one tap on my shoulder and I would collapse. I wanted to share this with you. DO NOT DRINK. IT IS POISON, IT IS BAD. MUCH LOVE AND LIGHT..............

you must quit the booze

maddiva, its always after the fact, we say don't drink!!! Its the first sip that starts us up!! I felt so good when i was off bottle for my 8 months. i want that back!!! I looked awesome and my decision making is best. i so badly want the rewards of sobriety again. I am sick of this fucking yo-yo lifestyle right now. I am not going die by stopping again, nor am i going to miss anything, if anything i have to go through all the rotten days of 30 to clean out.

Comment

you must quit the booze

Maddy, I am so sorry to hear of your physical pain. We do it cause we are addicted. As weve been talking about, why would I want to do what I did last week again? Cause my alcoholic brain is telling me i NEED alcohol, which I know is bullshit, but sometimes the urges take over. We must not let them Maddy. I care about you alot though we have never met.
      Stay with us and get the help you so greatly need and deserve. I am here whenever you need me
      Cy x
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

you must quit the booze

yup, the brain calls for it.. thats where the internal fight begins.. i had physical pain up until 90 days.. how do we say no ... we must fight it, abstain, and then WE get good at saying NO ... AL has a way of taking us DOWN ..

Comment

you must quit the booze

Hi Maddiva,

I am glad you managed to get back on here ... we missed you ... you know it is the alcohol that is physically hurting you as well as mentally.

Sometimes when we have damaged ourselves, even drinking a few sips can cause that damage to flare up again.
          Take heart and don't drink again ... ever ... try every support method you can get hold of and stay strong.

Heavenly
          ?We are one another's angels?
          Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

you must quit the booze

Maddy, take care of yourself, I think you have proved to you that drinking is not an option now...lets work together to make it stick yes?
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
            X