Back ON FRUIT..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back ON FRUIT..

Have my navel oranges, bananas, apples, celery, melon chunks, peaches, vanilla yogurt, and all the good stuff that washes my taste buds clean again!!! This is one method i use that works. A lot of satisfaction i get from FRUIT, the chewing, the healthy water it puts in my body, and the waste it removes.. Without nutrition our success towards recovery is greatly affected. When we eat healthy we don't want toxic liquids in our bodies.. I'm also drinking alot of my tomato juice i canned, i am craving it, for the vitamin C.. I'm in recycle mode and plan very much to keep it going.. shit be gone..

Attached files [img]/converted_files/29200=4613-attachment.jpg[/img]

Back ON FRUIT..

Happy to hear that you are working on getting healthy, Rippy! You can't go wrong there!!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Wishing you best of luck Rip! Sounds like a great plan. :h
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Awhh FRUIT.. Delicious FRUIT. I was piggin out on navel oranges last night...$5 for a half bushel at the farmers market...Love citrus season in Florida.
        Bought a half flat of plant city strawberries tooo YUM YUM !!!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

mmmm oranges, I am going to have one now!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Its not a matter of LUCK ... its routine that works.. i can gaurantee these foods will take away urges and make me bettter. Loving ones-self is the start ... :l

This goes for stopping butts as well. We must eat well ... who wants a ciggie after an orange? i know i don't.. Who wants a beer after a banana, i know i don't .. :H

CHOICES ... i can try.. it works.. :l

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Yes, love it! Fruity Tootie! :flush: :excuseme: :blushing:
              Starting over again
              ray:

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

ME..

Total BITCH today .. beware.. off for a salad and a gallon of water .. :l

WARNING.. woman in crisis.. this is part of recovery!!! see you all later, this entire board is about ME today .. remember that. ME,ME,ME ...

BITCH on the LOOSE..

Love Ripples.. :l Attached files [img]/converted_files/803621=4119-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Fruit beautifull fruit. I think I'll join you ripp.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

You do what you gotto do Rip.

Besides, bitchy is the new "sexy" or so my hubby says.
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

RIP,

A dear friend of mine who is a physician's assistant always says, regarding dietary body change: "The solution to polution is dilution, Water! Water! Water!".
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

I'm back eating fruit too, Ripp... Ha! IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

EXHAUSTED ... salad was good. I need to rest for some odd reason? :l

no longer crabby ... talk fruit tomorrow .. Happy Bananas to all.

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Hiya Rip

I don't want to go too theoretical on you and maybe I should talk to you on the phone about this, but there is a balance that has to be achieved. You know me and my yin and yang stuff with food. Alcohol is extremely yin and so is tropical fruit. So in using tropical fruit you are just substituting one yin craving for another. And for now when you are in transition, that is fine. Transition from alcohol to fruit is good, but it will not put you back into balance and relive the yin cravings.

You should slowly transition yourself into more local seasonal fruits such as apples for you. And you should slowly start to introduce more yang elements into your diet such as whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, millet, etc. to help balance out the extreme yin. And you should start including the yang root vegetables like carrots, beets, daikon, turnips, parsnips, etc. that when baked still are very sweet but are very yang. As a matter of fact, baking yangizes them even more, but makes them sweeter. That will help balance out the yin cravings. It should help with your alcohol cravings and your tropical fruit needs.

This can all be done slowly. But it is part of an overall re-balancing of the body to make it need alcohol less.

I know you know me and don't think I'm totally nuts. Eat some brown rice, gal. Make some kale and turnips. It will help. Just a little at a time while you are in transition, but try it.

I love you Rips. We're gonna do this together.
                            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

I'd add to what Mags said, Rips, please don't put too much emphasis on what you eat as your primary method of getting away from the alcohol. A healthy diet is a great part of a good, solid plan for recovery; but it takes more than that. If you are going to go to AA, then you will have to take it (at least the important parts of it) seriously, and go to a LOT of meetings (not just once a week), and get a good sponsor, the whole deal; and if counseling is part of your program, it will need to be with a really good counselor who is well-trained in addiction... and you'll have to be honest with her or him.

Please, give it your all, Rippy, pull out all the stops, this time; I just hate seeing you suffer the way that you have, and I know that you can play terrible tricks on yourself, in your head.

Comment

Working...
                              X