Back ON FRUIT..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back ON FRUIT..

Back to the artichokes... I mix curry with mayo for a dipping sauce.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

I love artichoke hearts that you buy in a jar. The marinated ones... I have never prepared artichokes bought fresh. I must try it.

I love roasted veggies. We prepare them that way a lot a home. I don't like roasted broccoli or cauliflower, however.

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Granola

LVT, I found a great recipe for Cranberry-Almond Granola on Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides. I may have re-posted it here in the Recipe Corner -- can't remember. It is sooooo good! If you don't find it in the Recipe forum, then check epicurious. I even reviewed it there (it's a great website).

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

AFM, I don't know that anybody can successfully roast broccoli. But as for cauliflower, I read about a trick to use that makes it really wonderful; you have to cut it into wedges, and drizzle with oil, then cover loosely with aluminum foil during the first 10 minutes or so of roasting, then uncover, it, turn the pieces over, and let them brown and get tender (preferably at the same time)... It's a little more work than the usual roasted veggies, but it is really, really good!

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

I wonder if the cut up broccoli stems would be good roasted.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Greenie, you might be right on that -- the stems would take better to roasting than the florets. That would give good use to leftover stems, when you want to use just florets in a recipe. (I always save the stems/stalks, thinking I'll make soup or something, then I never do and throw them out a month later! I hate wasting food!)

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

wonderful stuff here from you all. lots of good ideas of some eats for Ripples this weekend. i so appreciate. i am so good this week ... so far. Tomorrow = counselor.. i'll take a look here in the AM to make my list. I'm excited to try roasted veggies and other good things you all posted.. i so appreciate all the responses.. the fruit by the way is doing a number on me!!!

Love to all.. Ripples..

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

I love love love love love love Artichokes :H
                  Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

stems

You can shred or finely slice the broccoli and cauliflower stems (along with cabbage, carrots and onions) and toss together with a good dressing like Caesar or Greek--makes a great and filling salad

Comment

Back ON FRUIT..

Sick and tired of buyin nanas and not eating them.. SPANK-ME.. without fruit I fall apart..

MWO** is all about me!! Wired hair terrier in a HIGH CHAIR!!

Love ya.. Ripp it Up..

Ollies.. doin A Good Job.. :H

Comment

Working...
                      X