Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook

Anyone here do Facebook? I just started and it's kind of fun.

Just curious
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Facebook

I am! The more people you get on it, the better it gets!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Facebook

I am too, if you wanna be my friend pm me!

Comment

Facebook

Yes I do, to all of you. But I'm new and not sure how.

Comment

Facebook

Top right hand corner there is a block with search written in it. Type the name you want and the people with that name will come up, along with there pic if they have one.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Facebook

Thanks,

I'm not 100% sure I know what I'm doing there yet but it's fun. I'm going to have to get out my yearbook and look up some old friends.

Comment

Facebook

Hi akgirl,

I am big time into Facebook... I love it. It is how I keep up with my daughter at college, son away and family and friends from HS and other states. Its a blast and quite addictive!

You could PM people here on MWO as you probably will not know people's "real" names to do a search for them on Facebook.

I have just a few people here from MWO on my Facebook as I am very leary that anyone would ever mention MWO on Facebook. None of my Facebook friends (other than the few from MWO) know anything about my struggle with alcohol or my affiliation with MWO. I have my children on there, my sister, old friends. I say just be careful that people here do not take the liberty to discuss alcohol openly on Facebook unless you dont mind everyone on your friend list seeing it!
              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Facebook

I would hope folks would realize to keep it seperate. I will keep it in mind. I'm still learning the whole thing and not sure who all to add. Just thought it would be fun to have a few friends on there.

Comment

Facebook

Right, Prest4, and I've heard sad stories of people here who were friends here on MWO, and they were also FB "friends," too; then there was a falling out, somebody started drinking again, maybe both of them did, and it got really ugly, with all kinds of hurt feelings and accusations of invasions of privacy and confidentiality. It's really a shame, but being cautious is important...

Comment

Facebook

AK, I'm new there, too, and it IS fun... I am running across all kinds of people I have not been in contact with, for years!

Comment

Facebook

I will have to find the yearbooks.....I'm not sure who to look for. And then if I remember a name there are like a zillion of them, so I don't know which is them

Still learning

Comment

Facebook

At the urging of my daughter and some friends, I joined Facebook about a month ago....it is fun! I must admit, I am quite careful about allowing people that I don't know to become friends. I definitely would not want MWO mentioned there! For both professional and personal reasons!
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Facebook

akgirl,

It certainly is a lot of fun! I would just recommend having an established relationship with mutual trust before adding them to FB. That story of things turning ugly and betraying confidence scares me! At least here you are anonymous. On FB, you have pictures, your true name, etc. I think it is awesome to have each other on FB as long as we have somewhat of a history of knowing them.

Have fun with it though... I too have connected with people from my past that I thought I would never find or see again.
                          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Facebook

I really got into facebook a year ago.... I had 165 friends! LOL! These were mainly people that I had gone through school with but we haven't spoken in 20 years. It was nice to catch up - for sure. I found that with a lot of these people; them airing all of their dirty laundry - or just bitching and complaining all of the time turned me off. So, I went through my facebook friends and deleted 2/3 of them.

I am happy with whom I have on there now. They have NO idea the hell I have been through with AL; and I like it that way.

anyway......... it is fun and exciting!

Comment

Facebook

yeah me too im on face book ..
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X