Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES...

MWO has changed.

No longer a truly inviting, safe, non-judgmental place to talk it out... celebrate both accomplishments and the ability to own up to our failures.

It was a fantastic place for longer than one would anticipate for a free site.

Shame on those who pass judgment after 3, 6, a year of sobriety. Riding the pink bus. Your stop will come. I will not be here to molly coddle you through. Good luck with that.

I will continue to drink track, so for those that relish in others failures, mine is a tracker to watch.

My last post~ been a slice,

Skoots
    "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Best to you and Elliot ... you were not tolerant the last months around. Peace to you as you set yourself free to the world without net support, humor, friendship and current events us drunks live.

Love ripples..

Comment

I second that...PEACE TO YOU !!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

something has gone wrong there somewhere surely? i 'm pretty new here and have found nothing but support and help from people still struggling and people who are AF for some time. i'm still struggling myself but i have never been judged here, maybe there is a minority out there that are like that but you get that with everything, best not to let it ruin something that could be so good and do so much good

Comment

Skootie dont go please the WIPS and KATEH1! who always seem to pass judgement types......are fortunatley rare...... the higher than thou people!!!!!!! as you say I agree with you!!!!!! they are taking over this place with there our way or no way view!!!!! they are ok and do help people but seem to think they are the extension of RJ and own these boards!!!! please stay i see this place being overcome with these types you are the balance please stay Skootie your such a important person in this place dont let them think you dont know how to get sober and PLEASE stay we love you so much

Comment

Hey, everyonesok... welcome! I see that you just joined today, and this is your first post! I hope you'll read the MWO book, the "tool box" thread, and tell us a bit more about yourself!

Comment

Ah, Skootie. I will miss you, neighbour. It is a shame that people can't just mellow out sometimes around here. It was a loving and supportive site a while back. I understand where you are coming from now. I have seen a lot of what you are describing.

I honestly don't think I would ever admit to slipping again on here for the fear of anything harsh to be said to me. I am emotionally fragile even in my sober life - in which I am in couseling for. I wouldn't be able to handle being ripped apart. And, yes that is how I feel now.

I have a hard time with people having less than a year of sobriety, offering their judgemental thoughts. I would, however, appreciate them sharing their day to day struggles.... and they HAVE TO have them; but we aren't seeing it here.

All I can say is that I had 7+ months in a row of complete sobriety in 2007 and fell flat on my nose. I don't think that people should get too cocky about having less than a year. JMHO.

But what can you do? There are a lot more people on this site now. Many with different views on their ideas of what others should do in regards to sobriety, etc. A little less forgiving for those who 'slip' or 'relapse'; although these people have themselves, at one point or another.

I get it.

I am so sorry you are leaving us. I hope you will reconsider and take the good and leave the rest. Take care. XOXOXO

Comment

AFM, I'd be interested in seeing an example of a post in which someone who lapsed, or relapsed, was "ripped apart." I've never seen that happen here (or anything even that resembled such a thing), and would be very upset to see it.

Comment

A work in progress have you got a job you seem to never leave these boards can you let others express themselves for a bit with out your pearls of wisdom!!!!!! you are really sucking up the oxygen around here lately take a break !!!!!!!

Comment

Chill out... Oh dear....lets not be mean Bella xx

Comment

oh dear;546811 wrote: A work in progress have you got a job you seem to never leave these boards can you let others express themselves for a bit with out your pearls of wisdom!!!!!! you are really sucking up the oxygen around here lately take a break !!!!!!!
                      hmm, another brand new member with his or her first post! And all the brand new people know me well enough to hate me! Amazing! Welcome to you, too!

Comment

Hate no never !!!! bloody annoying YES!!!!! yes my second post and you are instantly annoying!!!!!! kinda like a mosquito buzzing around your ear while trying to sleep eventually keeps you awake with that high pitched buzz in your ear drum!!!!!! bites and keeps you awake all night scratching the bite !!!!! i spose we all suffer annoying things they just keep buzzing around forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Is there something in the air???

Why is it, that all of a sudden people need to be attacked? I don't get it.

I - and most others - come here for help, support, and advice while we are pursuing our goals (whatever they may be and personal choices). What none of us want or need or should be exposed to is a PETTY PISSING MATCH between some people who apparently don't care for one another. Fine - please ignore each other and don't drag the rest of us into your disputes and down to your level.

Thank you.

Skootie, I'm sorry you're leaving and I wish you the very best!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunshine-gg....Im having a lazy day today (for a wonderful change) ! and been on here alot...just lurking....but u know what? There are some really cross people around at the moment...as u say..attacking others for no reason..i dont get it either X

Comment

I agree that ignoring those that rub you the wrong way is the best way to deal with it....don't post it for vulnerable people to read. Their are many that are not strong enough to deal with others personal tramas...They are wounded and need our support. Please take it to PMs if it needs to be said at all.
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X