My thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts

I sure would like to hear from Hart.....

You didn't deserve that attack, Hart....and you are a very important part of MWO.... :l

Don

Comment

My thoughts

:h Just catching up on some reading here, today. Hart, sorry for what went on here. Just want to say, I am glad you are staying, or at least hope you still are staying... I have been here about a year longer than you have and only obtained sobriety a little over ten months ago. There is no acceptable time table. This is a place where we should be able to come and know that we will not be judged. I have been all over the place in what I have posted here, going way back to 2006. Up and down and all around. I have nearly always received support. I have totally gone off the beam at times, for sure. And a few times I received criticisms or intollerance when I was looking for support. This is like any other community. Made up of all types of personalities. Think of it as that hour prior to a wedding dinner. While we wait we may find ourselves in the midst of a group who's conversation is not suited to us, so, we wander on until we find somewhere that we feel comfortable. To the newbies, stay with us. This is a good place. This is a place where you can achieve your goals regarding alcohol. eace:
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

My thoughts

Thank you for all your support. I am not angry with Kate, I don't know why she felt the need to be critical and sarcastic, but maybe she is struggling with something awful in her life and let it slip out onto this post.

I am AF today, as I planned, don't know how long I will be and I might slip, or I might be AF for months.

I have always been honest about my drinking and I'm sorry it's been such an up and down journey for me.

If I come across as always having excuses, that's probably true. That doesn't mean I don't want to stop drinking.

No I'm not angry w/Kate, but I will say I am slightly hurt and disappointed.

Thanx for the mostly supportive responses, you know I luv lots of you.:l

Comment

My thoughts

keep up the good work hart ..
          yes it take time and the thing is there is no time line in to when we get there ..
          but how we get there..
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

My thoughts

My two cents for what it's worth. I dont post here at MWO much anymore, for I'm a coward at being judged and criticized. I have been attacked and it is not for the faint of heart.

This place is called "MY Way out", not his, or hers or anyone elses. It is a personal journey for each of us. Some get to where we are going much quicker than others. That DOESN'T make you any better or any worse. I have battled this wanting/needing to be AF for almost 2yrs. I have learned alot along the way. I have had as much as 5wks AF and for me that is huge. I don't have what I would call slips, I drink occasionally, but I would NEVER call it modding. My goal is to be totally AF. And I know I will make it. But for ME...I will do it on MY terms, not anyone elses.

I have nothing but deep respect for those who have found their way out of the alcohol pit. If this was a one size fits all program, people would flock here and be freed of their addiciton an off they would go. But that is not a reality. There isn't a single approach to this issue that will work for everyone. So I say, if you've managed to slay the beast, cudos to you...for most of us..that is our dream.

R2C
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
            :h

Comment

My thoughts

Hart, you are doing well. Keep it up. Good for you, the first day is probably the hardest, no matter how many times you do it. I don't understand why anyone needs to be negative, as has been said before, it's probably personal. For what it's worth, I think you're great. p x
              Pipsqueak

Comment

My thoughts

I was hoping you would process this and come out feeling like you do, Hart.....

Thanks for checking in...

Don

Comment

My thoughts

I still love ya hart ............ glad you are staying ........xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

My thoughts

I think MWO is a place for healing. We all have problems with alcohol and want a safe place to vent....

I've been here a little while, and I know Hart and Kate well. They are both very smart, caring, loving women who do more for others than they do for themselves.

I'm glad Hart is here and I really want Kate back too....

Won't say anymore on the subject....it's just that these two are like family here...warts and all...

Don

Comment

My thoughts

Hart's got warts???? :H

I'm glad you're sticking around Hart - I very much agree with everyone else here - except... well... Kate. I hope she is alright - she certainly does seem out of sorts lately.

You, my dear will just have to suck it up and do the dreaded day 1-4 again *shudder*

:l

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

My thoughts

Sounds like a plan Hart :l
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                        X