Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse IBS during AL withdrawal ???

Hi everyone,
    My sister is now trying to cut down on AL (yes it runs in the family!), and she is now day 6 AF. This morning on the phone she told me that this week she has experienced a return of her IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) symptoms that she had not had for quite some time. Also, the symptoms seem somewhat worse than before. I told her to make an appointment with the DR to get checked out, and she promised she would.

Has anyone ever heard of IBS symptoms coming back or worsening during the early days AF? I don't know very much about IBS so I wasn't much help to her. Thanks.

Hi Astria
    Yes I know a bit about it, it is stress related for starters. So i guess the first few days AF are very stressful at least they were for me. Additionally, people who take alcohol most days anaesthesize their sytems and they dont 'feel' stress as 'normal' people do. It should settle down with relaxation therapy high fibre diet and exercise. Hope this helps
    Luv

Comment

Thanks Irish Eyes so much as I am so worried about my sis. She does seem stressed out and anxious which I completely understand from my own AF experiences. i've had had my own physical reactions related to anxiety; maybe these are hers. Thanks again.

Comment

U are welcome Astria am a nurse worked for a while with IBS patients! not serious but can be very painful.

Comment

Acacia is very good for IBS, I've been taking it for years.....best of luck to yor sis : )
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
          X