Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLIDARITY, STRENGTH, SUPPORT, SOBRIETY

Hello all...

I have not been able to be on here as mush as I would like lately, but i have been aware of the conflict going about....

WE HAVE BUT ONE COMMON PURPOSE:

To REMAIN SOBER and HELP OTHERS ACHIEVE SOBRIETY....

The grouch and the Brainstorm are NOT for us

Anger is the DUBIOUS luxury of so-called "normal" people...

I am glad that MWO IS a place for us to be "ourselves" and freedom of speech is truly vital.

I encourage you all to take what you feel is helpful for your everyday sobriety and leave the rest....

I DO NOT want ANY of you who are struggling and therefore drinking to STOP POSTING.... this is the time you NEED US MOST!

Peace and Love to all - and NO!!! I am not a hippie! Just a compassionate and emapathetic
    RECOVERING gutter DRUNK!!!! I have been down to the bottom and further - and THIS PLACE has been a true saviour to me....

LIMERS, WISHY, ONEY, CY< Starts, LTG, EvieLou, RW, WIP, Marby, CF, Neuro, Krigs, Gy, Captn J, UK SEAN RIPster, and all YOU MANY MANY MANY others - THANK YOU!!!!!
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

kaponium;547286 wrote: Hello all...

I have not been able to be on here as mush as I would like lately, but i have been aware of the conflict going about....

WE HAVE BUT ONE COMMON PURPOSE:

To REMAIN SOBER and HELP OTHERS ACHIEVE SOBRIETY....

The grouch and the Brainstorm are NOT for us

Anger is the DUBIOUS luxury of so-called "normal" people...

I am glad that MWO IS a place for us to be "ourselves" and freedom of speech is truly vital.

I encourage you all to take what you feel is helpful for your everyday sobriety and leave the rest....

I DO NOT want ANY of you who are struggling and therefore drinking to STOP POSTING.... this is the time you NEED US MOST!

Peace and Love to all - and NO!!! I am not a hippie! Just a compassionate and emapathetic
    RECOVERING gutter DRUNK!!!! I have been down to the bottom and further - and THIS PLACE has been a true saviour to me....

LIMERS, WISHY, ONEY, CY< Starts, LTG, EvieLou, RW, WIP, Marby, CF, Neuro, Krigs, Gy, Captn J, UK SEAN RIPster, and all YOU MANY MANY MANY others - THANK YOU!!!!!
    :clapclap:

Couldnt agree more!

Love you Kapo!

Comment

one2many;547301 wrote: Well said Kapo.....

We should be fighting our addiction in whatever way we can instead of fighting with each other...is that what we have been reduced to...a Lord of the Flies type of scenario?

He said/she said.....I slam you, you slam me back....I don't like you no matter what good things you have to offer......you didn't agree with me 2 weeks ago, so now I am not agreeing with you....you were mean to my friend and she didn't deserve it....you are not here long enough to give advice.....your attitude sucks....I am AF longer than you.....tough love V sympathy V enabling.....

God Almighty peeps.....is that the best we can come up with? Thread after thread all dicussing the same thing......all tit for tat, hurtful rubbish.Any newbie coming here for the first time would run a mile.

It is becoming almost like a witch hunt......it really stinks......what happened to LIVE AND LET LIVE....

Can we let it go now....let it blow over, stop niggling at each other and get on with the battle in hand...

We have all done things due to drink that we are not proud of..every last one of us......so people in glass houses cannot throw stones....

AND.....DO NOT JUDGE A MAN TILL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN HIS SHOES.....

Slam me if you will...water off a ducks back....I have a bigger and more important battle on my hands than silly squabbling.

Thats all.
      :clapclap:

Hands getting sore now!

Comment

Here here!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Many of us tend to react rather than act. Someone elses unkindness is no reason for me to lower my standards for my own behaviour. When I feel good about myself it is much easier not to take insults personally. Old latin Proverb appropriate here 'If one throws salt at thee u will receive no harm unless thou hast sore places'
          :l

Comment

xcellent post KAP, GYCO

Comment

Thanks Oney (blushing):thanks:

Comment

:scratchinhead::applaud::applaud::applaud:Great post !!!
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Very well said everyone.
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thank You. In the words of the Preamble to Alcoholics Anonymous, "We do not wish to engage in any controversary; neither support nor oppose any causes." "Our primary purpose is to stay sober and to help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety" That is why I am here.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

cheers!

with tea of course...

Comment

Working...
                      X