Army Thread 15th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cyclefan;549296 wrote: Starts, maybe you're just going to have to go with the flow on the sleeping thing for a while. Maybe you are supposed to be up late for all the stragglers that hang about here.
    LMAO CF, yes, I will go with the flow for a while yet, my body has been through a hell of a lot lately...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Maybe worth going to the docs.
      Sleeping too much
      You may find that you often fall asleep during the day at times when you want to stay awake. The commonest reason is not getting enough sleep at night.

However, you may find that you are still falling asleep in the daytime even after a week or two of getting enough sleep at night. Sometimes, a physical illness can be responsible - diabetes, a viral infection, or a thyroid problem.

There are other conditions which make people sleep too much:

Narcolepsy (Daytime sleepiness)
      This is an uncommon condition that has often not been recognised by doctors.

There are two main symptoms:

you feel sleepy in the daytime, with sudden uncontrollable attacks of sleepiness even when you are with other people
      you suddenly lose control of your muscles and collapse when you are angry, laughing or excited - this is called cataplexy.

You may also find that you:

can't speak or move when falling asleep or waking up - (Sleep Paralysis)
      hear odd sounds or see dream-like images (Hallucinations)
      "run on auto-pilot" - you have done things, but can't remember doing them, as if you had been asleep
      wake with hot flushes during the night.

The cause for this has recently been found - a lack of a substance called orexin, or hypocretin. In sleep apnoea you may have excessive daytime sleepiness and this may be confused with Narcolepsy. If the diagnosis is unclear, then some tests may be required (Polysomnography or a Multiple sleep latency test ).

Treatment consists of taking regular exercise and having a regular night time routine. Depending on the pattern of your symptoms, medication may be helpful - e.g. a drug which increases wakefulness, such as Modafinil, or an antidepressant (particularly for prominent cataplexy).

If you continue to fall asleep in the daytime, it's likely that you are either not getting enough sleep or exercise, or that you are not getting the right treatment. You should let other people know that it's OK to wake you.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Evening all!

Comment

The Tour of California started yesterday, and it is being televised! This is a huge step forward, for years about the only thing we could get on TV was a sunday magazine type show and the Tour de France.
          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Thanks Cy...I used to wish I had narcolepsy so I could get my speed legit from the doctors...:-)

Hiya wishy

Comment

I'm doing the Sunday crossword as well. Anyone know a seven letter word ending in YRS and the clue is "gluttons for punishment."

Comment

I used to watch the tour de france CF, that was quite exciting!

Comment

Hey starts
                  About the sleeping. Are you taking the true calm. I think they might make you sleepy but maybe you didnt notice before when you had the PK's and the nicotine as well. I know that the ones I am taking have L-tryptophan and they can make you a bit sleepy. What else are you taking?
                  BH

Comment

Hi Wishy, do you and cy each have your own computers to post from? That is, are you at Cy's and you are both posting from two different computers? cyclefan=nosy

Comment

U sure you got the last 3 right?

Comment

Sleeping too Much?You Could be SAD.
                        Medical Conditions

, he or she will have some positive ways to help you cope with and possibly solve your sleeping issues. Depression Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much may be due to chemical imbalances in the brain that cause depression. The worries and negative thoughts that accompany depression may also keep you from relaxing enough to sleep comfortably. Anxiety Obviously, severe anxiety disorders can cause serious sleeping problems. But even everyday anxieties can lead to insomnia. Menopause and even
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

ah, martyrs, got it

Comment

boozehag;549305 wrote: Hey starts
                            About the sleeping. Are you taking the true calm. I think they might make you sleepy but maybe you didnt notice before when you had the PK's and the nicotine as well. I know that the ones I am taking have L-tryptophan and they can make you a bit sleepy. What else are you taking?
                            BH
                            Yes, I do take true calm, plus Gaba...lglut, kudzu and all one..oh and vit b complex..
                            I had never thought of that! Yes I guess it might affect me. Thanks BH!!

Comment

startingover;549304 wrote: I used to watch the tour de france CF, that was quite exciting!
                              It's going to be something this year starty. I will have to stay off MWO I'll be boring people to death about it I'm afraid.

Comment

cyclefan;549303 wrote: I'm doing the Sunday crossword as well. Anyone know a seven letter word ending in YRS and the clue is "gluttons for punishment."
                                MARTYRS
                                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X