Lost it 2day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost it 2day

Drank 1/2 pt. of vodka 2day. Real proud of myself. Somebody shoot me.
    Starting over again
    ray:

Lost it 2day

ok here you go just kidding .. there always tomorrow just do your best and get back on the wagon ..stay strong and think positive
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Lost it 2day

:thanks:T
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

Lost it 2day

C'mon *holds out hand* climb back up. There's plenty of room on the wagon...

:l
        :choc: mmm...chawklit :choc:

Comment

Lost it 2day

Hey Kipper, the only thing I'm worried about is the way I feel. It was like a long awaited relief. That's not good. I'm super relaxed of course I'm high, but I feel like it was something I needed. Totally wrong way to think don't you agree. Where the f is my brain? Back to day 1 tomorrow. Or 28-1 whatever.
          Starting over again
          ray:

Comment

Lost it 2day

Last--I totally understand that feeling and can appreciate the fear behind it.

As you so aptly pointed out, you are high right now and will probably have a different take on whether or not drinking provides actual relief, or merely the illusion of relief, when the effects wear off.

If being alcohol free is your goal, can you pour out what's left and start drinking water/have some food/get some rest?

If moderation is your goal, I'm afraid I won't be much use to you as it has never worked for me in the long run, but there are plenty of other people here it does work for that might be able to help.

Whatever you choose, we are here. We are rooting for you. You can achieve your goals.

:h
            :choc: mmm...chawklit :choc:

Comment

Lost it 2day

lasty :l to you..
              I think its quite common to slip around 3 or 4 weeks. That is the sort of honeymoon period end. That is when I had to really start working on my sobriety. And yes its hard. We have to look at the reasons why we drank, what it did to us and our families, how we can avoid triggers without living like we are white knuckling al the time. Its hard work hun. But very worth it.
              Hop back on that wagon, make a note of how you feel now...yes, you might be high, but your not happy with yourself are you? Yet you seem to have been very happy over the last few weeks...
              It might be helpful to make a list of all the reasons why you dont want to drink and be as graphic as possible, list all your embarrassing times, the low times etc. Then make a list of the things you want your life to be, the way you felt sober, the dreams you have for yourself. Sometimes seeing it written down will help to clarify for you.
              Good luck and keep writing and reading,
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Lost it 2day

Hey last call - yesterday is well behind you. Hopefully today brings you fresh resolve. You CAN free yourself of the insidious beast.
                ~K.

Comment

Lost it 2day

Can I?
                  Starting over again
                  ray:

Comment

Lost it 2day

Yes. You can. It takes determination and persistence, and it takes a willingness to do things we don't feel like doing, and to give up some things we DO want to do. A plan, and commitment to a plan. Asking for help, giving and receiving help.

What do you think? Do you really, really want to get free? If so, hang onto that, especially when you are tempted to forget that you want your freedom.

Comment

Lost it 2day

Last Call, the problem isn't just drinking this time. This lapse can be overcome. Of course, it always felt good to me too when I had a drink after a few days or weeks of sobriety. The problem was that within a few weeks after that, I was right back where I started. Not wanting to go back there helps keep me sober now.

Where do you want to be 3 weeks from now? Drinking or alcohol free? If you want to be alcohol free, you have to keep working on it. Get rid of that vodka (and no, please don't drink it little joke there), get back on the wagon and keep trying.

Good luck to you, and I appreciate your honesty in coming here to post.
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Lost it 2day

Yes you can.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Lost it 2day

Thanks for the pep talk AWIP. I needed it.
                          Starting over again
                          ray:

Comment

Lost it 2day

Hang in there last, recovery is about "life on life's terms" - is never going to be a walk in the park ALL the time - but well worth riding out the shite times. Stay with us!
                            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Lost it 2day

How are you doing Lasty?
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X