Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost it 2day

Fall from grace

Hi SO. I'm fine. Thanks for asking. Have no desire to continue my downfall. Keep thinking of all the bad times that I surely do not want to return to. I'm sorrry I didn't get on here as soon as I got the urge. I think it could have prevented my relapse. Next time I'll know better. I've got to get back to work. The boredom is what's driving me crazy lately. You have a great day SO. :l
    Starting over again
    ray:

Comment

Lost it 2day

You can do this, Last Call. It's a process. Wow, hate reflecting on my process. Pretty ugly. But, the important part is, I finally made it to my goal, which is long term sobriety. I had a moment recently, when I was really angry with my husband. I thought to myself, "Why am I even trying? I'm just gonna go get a bottle and escape this by-the-book way of life." :teeter: This time was different though. I didn't do that. That thought was followed with, "What the hell are you thinking, you idiot?!?! That won't help anything! What a dumb ass!" So... life still throws us curve-balls and we still stretch to catch them in our mitt. Eventually, the voice that says, "What the hell are you thinking..." becomes stronger and takes over the "Why am I even trying" voice. Then life begins again. :h
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Lost it 2day

I hear you BL. I'm still learning how to deal with the curve balls. Always drank when one was thrown my way. It's going to take awhile after 35 yrs. of escaping the hard times. :thanks:
        Starting over again
        ray:

Comment

Lost it 2day

Starting out and WIP - did you slip at all? I think it's great that you made a decision and kept to it. I have a problem after a few days, sometimes after a few weeks. Would love to hear your experience. Is this the first time you've tried to give up, and it worked? Tylyr

Comment

Working...
          X