Claims to Fame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claims to Fame...

This was prompted by a radio programme requesting people tell of their (rather tenuous) claims to fame; mostly near misses with celebrities... So just wondered whether MOWers have had their 15 mins of fame or meeting with celebs?

Mine is mingling with Nickleback and not having a clue who they were (partner and friend said they were from a group - "Flashback or something"!! Gotta love the older generation:H)

Next...

Claims to Fame...

I surreptitiously loosened a small stone from the side of Hank Williams' bbq in Nashville and brought to back to Oz.

My friends were not and still are not interested or impressed. In fact they stopped coming to dinner parties. Guess "anybody want to see my stone from Hank's bbq"? becomes a bit lame after a few years ...

Comment

Claims to Fame...

When I was a student at University of Florida there was a show by two young fellas from Saturday Night Live on campus. I went and somehow was able to be close enough to shake their hands, though then they weren't too big a deal. But they sure turned out to be... Chris Rock and Adam Sandler!
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Tawny, methinks only frogs give a flip about stones.
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Claims to Fame...

How does one "surreptitiously" loosen a stone from a bbq?? I can imagine under an alcoholic haze one might think they were doing something surreptitiously but, otherwise, I imagine you'd be looked upon as the quirky antipodean... non?!

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Blondie - no - no alcohol involved. You just stand there looking extremely relaxed and comfortable and attempt to hold a vaguely intelligent conversation whilst your fingernails are madly wriggling and digging away at the stone. Voila!

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Hmmm, obviously wasn't the Besser Block BBQ construction that I have down the back!

Oh, and another one - I was in attendance at my office on the day that the Queen and Prince Philippos visited and I got to eat and drink their rather sumptuous leftovers.

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Oh, old Prince Phyllo ... he's such a jolly wag, isn't he?

AND ... I think I have all the recipes for those scrumptious leftovers. Or is it the rightunders ...

I'm star-struck and giddy with all this talk of A-list celebrity.

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Well, when I was driving cross country a couple of years ago, I stopped at Mount Rushmore and um, well put a brick of the granite left at the bottom - there was ton's more trust me. Put it in my purse and then walked very lobsided away, expecting to be stopped by the State Park's people, I wasn't. Felt kind of guilty, in fact still do.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Oh Good Grief!! I'm thinking famous people not famous geological specimens... Never mind. SKendall I hope your bit of rock isn't cursed like our Uluru (Ayers Rock). I wanted to take a bit of the lava flow from Kilauea, Hawaii but a ranger was watching me too closely for some strange reason!

Comment

Claims to Fame...

I met Denzel Washington & Halle Berry at a bar on a very quiet Tuesday night in Sydney once - it was before Halle was very famous. I introduced myself to Denzel & he said 'Do you know of Halle Berry??' I said 'I think I saw her wearing a lovely frock in the Womens Day once' - she was standing right next to me & they thought it was pretty funny.
                      My ex worked in the music industry also so I've hung out with some bands - The Offspring & Tea Party spring to mind...
                      Dave Grohl stood right next to me at a music festival once - he was there with Nirvana - I looked up at him (v.tall) as if to say 'why are you standing in my space, man' but when I realised who it was a little squeak came out and I ran away to get my friends...he was gone by the time we got back...DAMN.

I'm the WORST with celebrity...get totally starstruck & feel like such a dork!!!

xo

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Oh, but I never take rocks from places - haven't you people seen that Brady Bunch episode???!!!

xo

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Did he know what a frock was?! :-)

Comment

Claims to Fame...

Damn! I've got a rock on my computer from Korea; quite possibly from Kim Yong Il's BBQ, I'll wager!

Comment

Claims to Fame...

I may have used the word 'dress'...either way they didn't ask...hehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X