need to get this out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to get this out....

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad you put them in words for me. If you find a remedy for the way we feel, please let me know. :l
    Starting over again
    ray:

Comment

need to get this out....

This is the part we don't realize when we embark on that road to be sober. . . the problems that drive us to drink still exist and still need to be resolved. Fortunately, when your head is clear, it is easier, but facing those emotions is not fun.

In an interesting parallel, my daughter was having some trouble with a bully at school and in talking with the counselor about lots of things, she commented on "helicopter parents" and how we tend to hover over our children and try to protect them from everything. At some point, they have to be hurt emotionally or scared or fail at something, and learn to recover from that and move on. It was an interesting conversation and has made me think about how to equip my child to be more resilient than I and to be more honest and open with her feelings. I found a great list of "feeling words" and am using them as vocabulary to explain the difference between "sad" and "melancholy" for example. I think it will be helpful to her as she grows.

And maybe she'll avoid the growing pains we are all doing as adults!
      Member since January 2008
      AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

Working...
      X