Army Thread Monday 16th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahoy there all MWO troopers! Welcome to your Monday, which at 7pm down here is starting to wind down for me! Been a GLORIOUS day off work - got heaps done, as well as lunched with my kids, and caught up with a dear friend whose dad has very terminal cancer....he is finding new growths several times a week, and my friend is coping amazingly - that "auto pilot" mode that many of us know.

I treated myself to an extravagant $400 worth of footwear today, patent leather black flat kneehigh boots...simply beautiful, have done really well saving since I have been working - and I deserve the treat!

Starts, no doubt I will see you here shortly ( I certainly hope so!) Your early bird-ness a dam good thing for me!!!
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Morning Kapo, glad you had a good day off and well done on treating yourself, feels good doesn't it? Your poor friend, that is awful. Will keep them in my thoughts x

Well i'm off to work, it's 6.30 am here even though i was slightly confused this morning as the clock downstairs says 12.40am, LOL!!! Busy morning ahead for me so i better get a move on.

Take Care Kapo x

Good Morning all to come x

Comment

Kaperooney and Wishy Washy Good Morning to you!
      That poor man Kapo, and his family..cancer is the most frightening disease. I think I know how your friend feels with that auto pilot mode...I was like that last year with my mum.
      Boots? I LOVE boots, I never wear shoes (except in the height of summer) always boots and I have many different pairs. Yes, well done on treating yourself!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

So how did everyone do at the prayer meeting?
        I found it incredibly moving and peaceful, but as with meditation, I found my thoughts wandering all the time...I am glad that I stayed up for it though.

Comment

Yes Starts - we are truly kindred spirits in more ways than the booze - I feel EXACTLY the same way, and same summer exception too! Lovely!!
          Death is part of life - doesn't make it any bloody easier though, ay
          Wish and starts, thanks for your thoughts - Jim is a great man - the anxiety for the whole family intense.
          Wish - hope your day goes really well, hon x
          Great to be here !

Comment

Are you back in work tomorrow Kapo

Comment

NO!!! Have the day off tomorrow too - and NO PLANS! Got the lawns mowed (Jordan) and a few other mainstays today, so tomorrow looking mighty good lazy-wise...Hope to go for a good walk

Comment

That sounds great Kapo, walking is the best.
                I seriously need to get this lethargy under control, its doing my head in now...someone mentioned yesterday it could be SAD that I have been masking with alk, drugs etc..and that figures. With spring around the corner I will know for sure. But I need to do something soon I cannot just sleep my way through life !

Comment

Hey Starts - I ALWAYS find that once I increase my physical activity - it spurs itself automatically to do more? Perhaps that is part of my addictiveness, but for me it is by far a lesser addiction - anyway, I can but encourage you to get out there. what is at first like a major discipline, becomes enjoyment...

Comment

Hey guys
                    Yes I agree with Kap I find physical activity is such a serotonin booster - a natural high. It is hard in the UK winter though I guess. Even still finding a hobby to replace drinking/smoking/talking endless shite is a tough ask.
                    BH

Comment

So true, BH! I shall never forgetting reading a "quitting drinking" booklet that actually suggest "hobbies" like stamp collecting .... without offending any avid stamp collectors out there, I was just glad to have a sense of humour, as I found that a total crack up - but seriously - it has taken me YEARS to even FIND OUT what I liked - my WHOLE LIFE revolved around my getting and staying wasted state.

Comment

Hi All,

Kapo, you sooo deserve that splurge, can you get a picture of them on here!

Sounds like Starts Kapo and Neuro all have the same shoe/boot thing going on, I suffer here in the tropics,
                        1. because it is impossible to wear boots, I did once rbing out the chocolate suede kitten heel full length ones for a saturday night, never again, still they are in great shape after a couple of years, so they now me Xmas boots for when I go home.
                        2. I HATE, HATE HATE the clickety clackety cheap sandles here....Betty will know what I mean
                        so now I have become the next best thing, a handbag whore, LOL just got a really nice one for my brithday
                        Live your life in such a way that
                        when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
                        Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Yep me too binge drinking was my hobby. It kept me very busy! Drinking then finding your way home could take up a couple of days. Then the hangover, then the reccovery and then back for more. It sure was a busy life (or non life more like). I have way too much time on my hands now I reckon. If only I could use my talents for good.
                          BH

Comment

You dont even need to wear shoes here never mind boots!
                            BH

Comment

Hi BH, yeah, Im never out of my flip flops, or do you call them thongs? (giggle, thats underwear for me)
                              Live your life in such a way that
                              when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
                              Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Working...
                              X