• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 16th Feb

Hey cy.....looks like your man-flu went cyber

Comment

There was one this afternoon, but I was busy cleaning the wendy house, and the sun was out, so gave it a miss.
      TG. I am 33, and realised at a very early age I was a drinker. Even in my early teens, I was drinking far too much. Binging has always been my problem. Good on you for doing something about it now.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Yeah, you're spreading your pox far and wide it seems !
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thats what it is red! Damn cold!
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I started a long time ago because I was severly depressed, to the point of being suicidal, my fiance helped me through that, I was doing well then in December of this year i found out my elder sister was going to be admitted to a psychiatric unit, shortly after Christmas, because of her own severe depression. I later found out the cause of the depression was the fact that a good friend of mine who was also my ex-boyfriend had raped her at a party 18 months ago. In addition to normal stress from college, it pushed me too far.
            The way I change the past is by not repeating it
            -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Wow, You have been through a lot sweetie....are you getting any help with your depression?

Comment

As I say, my boyfriend was supportive, and after alot of talking we found out the cause of it (just before I found out about my sister actually, swings and round-abouts eh?) But I did deal with my own depression, sadly though that left me with a veyr bad choice of coping mechanisms: Drugs (now very rare) Self harm (haven't done it since new years eve, a big milestone for me) Smoking and of course drinking.

Comment

OK, I can relate to all those issues you have, I was the same when I was about your age, including the self harm. I never got help with any of this and its been another 28 years of self abuse for me. I really wouldnt recommend it. Is there any way you can get some professional help? I think it sounds like you could do with some counselling at the very least...do you have a doctor you feel you can trust?

Comment

ThatGirl....I am so glad you are realizing you need help because college can be such a stresser....do you have any counceling thru the college that is either reduced cost or free? You might benifit from that as well.

Comment

Sadly not, I have paranoia issues on top of everything listed above, if I tell anybody anything personal I have a constant fear of it being revealed to friends or family members - hence why I'm relying on this site and my fiance to deal with everything that's going on at the minute.

But it is 9.15, and I still haven't taken my mother up on her offer of a g&T.

Comment

What is g&T?

Comment

You are doing well.
                          Dont forget that anything you say to a counsellor is in total confidence. I got mine to destroy the notes afterwards.
                          I think that controlling or abstaining from drinking will help you to a degree but there are many other issues involved here too. But still, one step at a time eh?

Comment

redlund acres;550094 wrote: What is g&T?
                            gin and tonic m'dear, a beautiful drink if ever there was one xD

Comment

That was my last downfall.....I still want to heave at the thought...

Comment

Time for me to skiddadle for today lovelies..
                                See ya tomorrow x

Comment

Working...
                                X