Anyone watching Intervention now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its facinating.... I'm glued. It makes me grateful for taking charge of my life, and it humbles me at the same time. If you are EST, it on and a new episode at nine that looks very interesting and something I am sure many of us can relate too. Hiding bottles, etc. Its on commercial now.
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Gonna go upstairs and watch it in my room -- hubby is watching something else in the living room. Will report back later!

Comment

Go watch it CS! Its coming on right now...

Comment

I am hooked on Celebrity Rehab on VH1.

Comment

Gia,
          It used to depress me too. It still makes me cry, but that's okay. I guess my heart is so sensitive and compassionate to those who are in so deep, and when I can relate to certain things. It hurts, but I think its a good thing to watch. If it is too painful, then by all means do not watch it.

Comment

luCKy;550271 wrote: I am hooked on Celebrity Rehab on VH1.
            Do you watch that one where they are all living in the house together, I think it's called "Sober House"? It's different than the regular "Celebrity Rehab," but with some of the same "celebrities." I turned the TV on this afternoon, while I was on my exercise bike, and there it was. "Sober House" is a misnomer. It seemed they were all running around, getting drunk or high (or both), being very very crazy and dramatic (reminded me a bit of how things get here at MWO, at times!)... with dear Dr. Drew always patiently waiting to welcome them back into the fold...

Comment

Gia and Prest, I just can't watch any more of those "Interventions," they are just too horrible. The last one I watched was the one with the alcoholic guy who did end up dying. And, before that, the one with the girl who was huffing the aerosols, that was hideous, too.

Comment

Yes, I like Sober House too.

I do think they should let Asa finish college in 1 mo and then go to rehab. I just do not believe in interventions and the odds are stacked against them working.

Comment

I did not see those... I guess that would depress me. The ones tonight have had such awesome outcomes... not sure how this last one will pan out, but the first two tonight were incredibly inspiring.

I need to check out your show Lucky and WIP!

Comment

A lot of the "Intervention" shows I have seen are serious drug addicts -- meth, crack -- so I really can't relate. The process does all seem rather formulaic, though, and I wonder what long-term success rates are for those who have been "intervened" (I guess would be the term?)

Comment

I did watch Intervention tonight and it was good. I'm more of a fan of the Celebrity Rehab and Sober House shows on VH1. Funny I got dissed by a very popular (at the time) member here for mentioning the VH1 shows and now everyone seems to be sharing without consequence, NICE!
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

:lPrest4Time - sending you big hugs.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

It is a difficult show to watch, but I love the redeeming side! And we have that too... and that is what I love.

My daughter who challenged me in her tenth grade year.... and hated me. That is when I joined here.

She calls me every night now... it can be so good!

Comment

Thank you Skendall!

So what channel does the celeb show air? I am sure I will love i!

Comment

Dear Prest, I don't watch much TV but try never to miss Intervention. I was so upset watching the new episode about Chris last night. I really thought he was not gonna go to rehab and my heart hurt seeing him sooo sick. In the end i was relieved to see him soften and accept the help...I keep an on going prayer list with all the people from that show and it feels so good when they have an update show and you see the people still sober 1 plus yr. after their original showing..
                              I know that they don't all make it but how great to know that some do.
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X