Anyone watching Intervention now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS04;550290 wrote: A lot of the "Intervention" shows I have seen are serious drug addicts -- meth, crack -- so I really can't relate. The process does all seem rather formulaic, though, and I wonder what long-term success rates are for those who have been "intervened" (I guess would be the term?)
    CS, it's interesting, they do give updates once in a while and in the updates they seem to be reporting that practically everyone that has done their intervention show, and gone on to complete treatment, is doing fine. Which is (I believe) a better success rate than one would expect in the general population of those who go through these inpatient treatment centers...

As for me, I have no problem at all relating to crack addicts, heroin addicts, any kind of substance addiction. Whether it's alcohol or cocaine... it all seems very much the same, to me. The experience inside the addict's head, and the results in the addict's life, all pretty much the same...

Comment

Celebrity Rehab is on Thursday nights on VH1.

Comment

I like watching Intervention. Although I find when I'm really honest about why I watch it, it is because it makes me feel bettter about my own drinking and almost gives me another excuse to keep drinking. (I recently came to this conclusion)

I feel like "Wow, at least I'm not as bad as those people!" "Janet on Intervention drinks more than a gallon of wine a day, I just drink a bottle and a half wine at most per day so I'm still OK" "I still have my family and my home, so I'm still OK" "I've never had a series of DUI's so I'm still OK"

In reality, I am no better than anyone else on that show, hardore meth addicts included. I started reminding myself about that everytime I watch the show. I have to remember to watch it as a reminder of how bad addicition really is and not as a way to deny the extent of my problem.

Did anyone see Oprah by the way, with the family of 4 heroin addicts? That was really sad, although I though Lisa Ling was a bit over the top blaming the problem on "the system". No personal responsibility. I do believe that in this format, people, have reasons to drink, but for the most part, they own their addiction.

Comment

Working...
        X