Army Thread, tuesday 17 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think were all a little cursed with the pc zenny. Things will settle. It just takes a bit of time.
    for our brains to start working 'normally' again.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Agree with zenny there TG. If I could go back 15 years and remap my life I would for sure. Booze has done NOTHING but harm to me. At 33, I am finally beginning to understand myself and who I am.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I find that for the 1st week after a binge, especially the first 3 days my head is all over the place. I cant sleep, cause my brain is working overtime, jumping from 1 thought to another. My mind makes up stories. Fucking horrible. I hope NEVER to go back to that place.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Thanks for that guys, but trust me I'm not getting back into old habits anytime soon - I had one drink, and because I wanted it, not because i felt I needed to. I don't intend to drink again until at least friday night (I'm moderating, I allow myself friday and saturday nights). I only did today because it was a mini-celebration for the last day my sisters here before goign back to the unit.

And whats up Zen? howcome the old mind's all over the place?
          The way I change the past is by not repeating it
          -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Do you ever drink to blackout or in the morning TG? Is it something you enjoy? drink alone? Dont worry if you dont want to answer, im just trying to get some background. Oh, and what bands do you listen too. There is a music thread on the main page...'music that were listening too' Post some tunes!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Don't worry about it Zen, rant all you want in here, it must be very frustrating for you, and it's good to get it out your system.

N thanks, I'm trying to, but it's alot of hard work, but I am going to beat this, just got to find a way of dealing with the stress I get from it that isn't bad (possibly even worse) for me.

Comment

Are you taking vits zenny. Vit B etc?
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I stopped going out, cause I knew I would not remember coming home, and would be paranoid for days after. at least at home i could limit my stupidity to myself and my paranoia at blacking out would not be so bad. I could sometimes lose a whole day, and the worry of what I did was crippling.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

cymru;551028 wrote: Do you ever drink to blackout or in the morning TG? Is it something you enjoy? drink alone? Dont worry if you dont want to answer, im just trying to get some background. Oh, and what bands do you listen too. There is a music thread on the main page...'music that were listening too' Post some tunes!
                    Drink to black out, haven't drunk in the morning in a long time, but it has been known for me to get up and grab a beer if I wake up in the afternoon, but obviously thats just on non-college, non-work days. I rarely if ever have company when I'm drinking, and drink way more in company than on my own. I used to enjoy it, I still do enjoy having a couple whilst I'm listening to music, but once that's off and I'm sat down it just makes me extremely depressed, or regretful.

Main bands I listen to: Metallica, Nirvana, Machine head, The Killers, Muse, Velvet Revolver, Sex Pistols... pretty varied really.

Comment

Thats good though. You pill popper you!!
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Love metallica and machine head. Have seen them live many times. I still have my Nirvana ticket for a concert in cardiff on the In Utero tour. Kurt killed himself before the tour began. They offered a full refund, and needless to say 90% of people kept there tickets.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

cymru;551037 wrote: I stopped going out, cause I knew I would not remember coming home, and would be paranoid for days after. at least at home i could limit my stupidity to myself and my paranoia at blacking out would not be so bad. I could sometimes lose a whole day, and the worry of what I did was crippling.
                          Regretfully I must say I have had nights like that, the worst being where I 'lost' about 8 hours, then woke up in hospital. Alcohol poisoning, almost a year ago that it happened.

Comment

It is amazing to start understanding the disease. there are so many different forms. The binger, the all day drinker, the chronic. Yet were all here for the same reason. To get better.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

cymru;551046 wrote: Love metallica and machine head. Have seen them live many times. I still have my Nirvana ticket for a concert in cardiff on the In Utero tour. Kurt killed himself before the tour began. They offered a full refund, and needless to say 90% of people kept there tickets.
                              God, it's such a shame you never got to see them, mind you by then Kurt was in no state to play.

I'm seeing Metallica in London, supported by Machine Head, in 13 days time, am super psyched about it

Comment

Hi Zen & Cym
                                Cym I can so relate to the aftermath of a binge - would be 2/3 days for me. Wouldnt wish it on my worstest enemy. One hell of a massive downer and the anxiety etc dont miss that. The hangover day itself bad and all as it was was not as soul destroying as the next few days. I used to envy people who could drink every night and pass out at a reasonable hour - I could have probably lived or functioned better with that rather than a massive binge. Wonder why some alkiesare every day drinkers and others binge drinkers. Some say that binge drinking would eventually lead to daily drinking - in my case I am not sure as there was no way I could put AL in my body for some time after a binge was over.
                                BH

Comment

Working...
                                X