Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want some advice from the experts - you!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we chat a moment

Comment

Hi again

Is "Secrets" the same as "The Secret" can we chat cuz I have a question.

Comment

Hi Maddiva,
        I'm on something similar to what you're on. Yes, at first, you seem really tired, kind of out of it. It takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks to begin working. But you'll feel it once it begins and it'll feel like a small relief more and more each day until you're feeling much better. Then you wonder to yourself, "What the hell do I care about that!"

You've gone through soooooo much and I applaud your commitment to getting better and off AL. I know how it can destroy one's life. Take care.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Maddiva
          Sending you love. Do not give up on yourself. I like what wip said - that you may not have to rehash everything, there may be a newer way to do therapy than a lot of painful dredging up of the past.
          And also you can Ask for what you want in your life, and things have a way of showing up for you. I know this is true.
          Take care!
          Lila

Comment

Thanks I am now progressing further up the ladder of life. Yes, psychotherapy, does do my head in. I prefer to live and live without alcohol. I am not sure you can ever make sense of things that happen in the past. They just do and that is how it is. The future is in front of us, the past is behind us. What we are today is what matters now..... So I am ok and many thanks to you all who supported me. I had a totally whacked out mad one. I am still taking the pills. I threw the cigarettes away as they were making me feel really lousy.

Comment

Good for you Maddy!
              We all have to find what works for us and one size will never fit all, so well done for continuing to try!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hi mad almost lost your thread.anything with pram or pam on the end is a potent drug,i was on clonazepam, and tht one almost did me in,all i did was sleep and eat,no xi stance,technically speaking comatose for 3 months,then i was brought down to diazepam,[valium],off and on for a few years,not a good to mix with Al ,actually on the bottle it states that in the directions,i feel very fortunate,i dont take anything for depression any more,i found just removing the excessive drinking keeps the panic attacks away,its been over a year,just to tell you tho coming off of the stuff,is very hard,for many, i wish you well gyco

Comment

DO YOU KNOW GYCO. YOU MAKE MY SOUL SING. YOU ARE SO FUNNY. YOU ARE SO BRIGHT. MY GOD YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE MILL. NOT SURE WORSE THAN ME AND WE ARE MEASURING WITH THE MADDIVA SCALE...:H I LIKE YOUR POSTS YOU ADD SOME SERENITY TO IT. BET NO ONE HAS SAID THAT TO YOU BEFORE. THANKS FOR YOUR WISDOM YOU MAKE SENSE. BE STRONG, BE HAPPY AND BE PEACEFUL

Comment

Maddy, antidepressants work for some but not for me. I have been on and off them for almost 5 years. Currently I'm taking an herbal supplement called Amoryn and am feeling better than ever! No side effects, no feeling of being sedated, I love it. I am much more relaxed and am able to think more clearly. I sleep better and wake up with energy. I too am tired of talking about the traumas and dramas that brought me to such a bad place. I have decided to put them all away and focus on today, tomorrow and the next day. I only look forward now, in a healthy, positive way. This attitude has helped me so much. Give it a try, you deserve it
                    Thanks to everyone on this site.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

yo mad,i think tht is why we have alterntives,just talking to you and many others makes me feel good,what is worse then others,drinking a bottle or 2 of wine,or taking 1000 mil of valuum,they both numbed me out,the choices tht we make are harder now,i no ive never made them sober,have a wonderful weelend gyco

Comment

Working...
                      X