yesterday was sheer hell!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the past ten days or so I have gone right back to drinking. I was given depression pills and just went loopy. I feel very shocked at the power of this alcohol and what it does to me and to us. I think yesterday was my worst day in absolutely ages. The drink must have been running through my veins instead of blood!!! Today is a new day. I feel that lousy that the thought of putting a drink in my body is a major no. I want to get better, I really do. I guess all this showed me is that I have to be very careful with my emotions. I have to try and be balanced and calm. I do not want to die of alcohol, and I do get very afraid, particularly after a major binge, which is what has just happened. I want to be able to hold my head high and say I had a battle with alcohol, but I won. I am keeping still and quiet today. I do not want to go out. I do not want to see a soul. I just want to be at peace. I feel that crappy that I don't think I could handle walking. The dogs will just have to go into the garden.

Yesterday when I came on here. I was reaching out. Just to anyone who could hear me. I needed advice on these pills and accept that they are going to make me feel 'weird' at first, but that is what they are meant to do. The support I received was amazing and it just made me feel I am not alone. You all know what it feels like. The sadness we feel when our loved ones are too ashamed of us and concerned about our drinking. To me alcohol misuse feels like a really dangerous form of self harm. I do not cut myself with knives or do things like that. Instead I drink to a bad level which harms my life and causes me such problems. I am very scared. I feel really, really scared, cos I never meant to go on a binge, it kind of just happened. Now that is really worrying when we lose such control. So today I am going to take the pills and not drink.

So I am back at square one, this time armed with depression pills. I am going to aim to get back into the gym, certainly not today or tomorrow, but this week. I am not going to be ashamed of the behaviour I have done when drunk. No one is perfect are they? You do have to admit though - it is shameful how we are when we drink isn't it??

To everyone who was there for me yesterday many, many and lots more thanks. It is like an online therapy session, we can communicate with words. I actually really believe that the only problem I have in my life is alcohol. Nothing more and nothing less. Everything else is just life.

have a really good day to you one and all....:h:thanks:

good luck Maddiva , take your pj day and look after yourself.

Comment

thank you angels..... I will take it easy. :thanks: Do you know the worst thing about yesterday, I have progressed from phoning people who offended me and going into a tirade of drunken abuse, no it is much worse, I am emailing them!!!!!! God give me strength.

Comment

Hey Madds. Thank you for your honesty. I can relate to everything that you have posted. Without alcohol I am a nice guy and a good father. With alcohol I am a spitefull, depressed alcoholics recluse, who will do anything for more booze. Anything. Yet we do it again and again. Why do we do that? Because we have a disease. A quote for you to think about madds
        'All these and many others have one sympton in common: they cannot start drinking without developing the phenomenon of craving. This phenomenon, as we have suggested, may be the manifestation of an allergy which differentiates these people, and sets them apart as a distinct entity. It has never been, by any treatment which we are familiar, permanently eradicated. The only relief we have to suggest is entire abstinence'
        Take it easy today. You know the routine as well as me Madds. We can do this, and reach the summit of the mountain. And think how great that will feel.
        Cy x
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Maddie, You have a great support system and many friends here at MWO and (I am one of them). CY put it so well. We have been there and understand what you're going thru..
          I would suggest that you stop looking back. life doesn't come with a rewind button and we can't change the past. What we can do is work towards changing how we perceive the past. As I recommended yesterday, start reprogramming your thoughts toward what you do want.
          It isn't easy but it has worked in my life. I started using the tools that i spoke to you about and have created a live filled with happiness...and sobriety. If I can do it, so can you. no one can do it for you. i suggest you start right now working towards a new way of looking at life and stop playing the old broken record...
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Maddy, So happy that you are looking forward to a positive day! At this point , move forward one moment at a time, then the hours, weeks, months, and years will come naturally. Hugs, Best
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Take good care of yourself today Maddy. Lots of water with lemon.:l
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Mad.. i do stoopid things when drinking. I dread going near the computer for days after alcohol, and i don't even need to drink much. I can relate to you. no one is as guilty as me.

Let it go, today is a new day!

Ripples.. (not nipples) :H

Comment

Maddiva: I can relate to you. Yesterday (Tuesday), was also a day from hell for me. I have pretty much been drinking every other day during the months of January and February. I woke up massively hung over yesterday. I was desperate for help and know I really need it. I can't stop at one! I black out. I fight with my husband! When I drink, I'm a slob and nasty person. When I'm sober, I'm an attractive good hearted person who is fun to be around. I'm emotionally and physically drained today. I want to go to the gym, but also feel compelled to take it easy and get some rest. I do however, plan on scheduling an appointment with my doctor. I'm on an anti - depressent that I "think" isn't the right one for me. I also want to get Campral to reduce my alcoholic cravings. I'm also in agreement with you in regards to emotions. I have to make myself aware of what I'm feeling, and think of the consequences of picking up the first drink. My emotions, esp. at the "time of the month" is definately a major trigger. I'm taking it you are on Day 2 AF. Am I right?
                  September 23, 2011

Comment

Maddie, I'm a rum and Diet Coke away from slipping back to the old me. I have done AF for years, yet this time I am really serious. I know it's different this time because my husband and I talk about it. He is supporting me. I don't want to go back to the old me.

I suggest you get a good support person. Good luck. I wish you success in your journey.
                    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Thank you all so very much. Well, I am sober and on day 2. I lay on my bed like a cripple yesterday watching 'a brief encounter' I have never seen it before. I thought it was 'sweet and loved the language'. I totally agree with all you say and Evie Lou, that is also my philosophy. I did think psychology would help me, and it did at first and then I just started to remember things that I had not thought about in years and I was like 'whoa, I do not need this'. I do have aims and ambitions. My biggest aim is to become a really good complementary therapist and use all my negatives to become understanding and empathic to others. First though I need to walk the walk and talk the talk, instead of bleating on about all what we can do and then getting as drunk as a lord. Hardly a good advert. It was also reassuring to know from others that like me they have to avoid going on the computer after a binge for fear of reprisals. I did think that was only my affliction. I dread opening my emails after I have had a day abusing people, maybe they do deserve my scorn, but it aint making me feel better about who I am. It kind of makes me feel that I have got down to their level. So today is clean up my home as it always suffers after a binge and make some salad and get back on track. Have a really good day....

Comment

Good on ya Madds. the paranoia after a massive binge and blackout is something i really will not miss in sobriety! The worry of who I spoke to and what I did. The only people we hurt are ourselves.
                        Salad...hmm, that sounds like a good idea.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Tell me about it Cymru? I discovered Facebook and went in search of those who had 'crossed me' like a woman possessed. Fortunately, I used a different name, but you know I know they will know it is me. So when they open their messages there I will be in my drunken glory calling them all the F--cks in the world very brazenly. So, no I too will not miss that part of drinking. It always seems a good idea at the time......

Comment

Take care

Comment

I can so relate to your words. I am doing today, what you did yesterday. I could have written your post. I hope you are having a good day today.

Comment

Working...
                              X