Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning out Closets..a New ME/a New YOU !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been noticing lately that when I go to my closet to decide what to wear, my choices are changing. Some of the outfits remind me of this time last year when I was still drinking. I have had more than than 8 months out of the last 12 completely alcohol free and I feel like a New ME is coming out. My tastes in alot of things are different. I feel differently about my clothes, purses, jewelry and shoes. I feel different about my make up and perfume choices.
    I have made the decision today to start a OUT WITH THE OLD...IN WITH THE NEW program for letting the world see the New ME. A competent, caring and capable "NEW ME". I want to donate my old things to the thrift store that supports a "womens safe home" for domestic violence. They use the income from the shop to provide a wonderful service to our community...so it will go to a good cause. Most communities have Charities shops ETC. that could use what we no longer need.
    I would like very much to have you all join me in this journey. I think it would be a great way for us all to help one another and others who could benefit from our old things...ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED ????
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Great idea. They really like to get seasonal things too. The one here gets lots of clothes and they really appreciate linens and such. So think of them if you change your bedspread choice, get new towels, etc.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Me too!!! i am in thought about doing something about my clothes that are scattered all over my bedroom. GOOD idea Evie.. thanks for reminding me.. i needed that today ..

THANK YOU .. so much..

Ripple.

Comment

Evie,

I'm in. I've got a pile ready to go. I'll drop it off today. I was going to bring it to the consignment store now I've changed my mind!

Take care,
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Excellent Be...I hope you have a good charity shop in your town. it feels so good to do something that will help others and help us in our NEW image as well...Way to go...Yeah !!!

Comment

Count me in too! This is the spur I needed I think. Thanks Evie!
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I give all my old clothes to my dad! He wears them when i get bored! I did give lots of old toys to the charity shop yesterday though.....
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Cy, how are you going to manage without your toys?
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

What a great idea! Can't say that I have anything extra, as I decided after the fire, that I would not overdo it with regard to apparal again. Have what I need, and nothing more. Kind of like it that way. It has simplified my life. I have been sure that when I buy an item, that it is of quality, it is timeless, and that I love, love, love it! And, in support of your concept, I have, in fact, bought some things at the thrift stores, ie. Goodwill etc. A couple of great Talbot suites, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers and a Cashmere top-coat for my hub. I get a kick out of going! Hugs!
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

startingover;551531 wrote: Cy, how are you going to manage without your toys?
                    I was wondering the something Startsy...Maybe we are all the entertainment that CY needs in his life....GOD FORBID !!!!!

Best, I will take you on the GRAND THRIFT SHOP TOUR when you get here...I am a thrift store junky...I am cleaning out the old and then I will spent some money at the thrift shops bringing in the new. A WIN... WIN all the way around.

Comment

Great idea, will go up soon and have a look see.

Comment

Funny you writing that post Evie- I felt kind of 'burdened' by my stuff last week- I have so far put 3 big bags of clothes and shoes in the 'Humana Bin' (the clothes get sorted and the best stuff goes to shops in the cities for resale and to raise money for the third world, the not so bad stuff goes directly to third world villages to be used by the people, and the rubbish gets recycled.

I also felt I needed to get rid of the 'old me'.

Comment

Thanks for bringing up about the 3rd world countries...I know of an organization that sends them jeans of all kinds...I will sort out my fat alcoholic belly jeans and make sure that is where they go....and will go thru Hubbies drawers when he's not looking...plenty of good usable stuff in there that he will never miss.......I HOPE ???

Comment

Evie,
                            Great idea. There is a Mission here in town that supplies hot meals and clothing to both homeless and needy people. They are always happy to get contributions so hopefully, by the end of the week, I will be able to drop of a big stuff there.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Har de har peeps. Its time to grow up! Im moving on, and the toys have to go!
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
                              X