Just needed some space to rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was just sat here talking to a friend of mine online, and it seemed everytime I asked them what they were doing they were doing something else that I used to be good at. A long time ago I was dedicated to writing stories and novels, I drew and played guitar everyday and was working on all sorts of projects. I feel now, not like I've been robbed of these things, but that Ive robbed myself of them. I thought giving up drinking would be a quick fix, that as soon as i wasn't drunk anymore I'd get that spirit back but still I can't seem to do any of the things I once could. I feel like I've lost the biggest part of me, to this disease that I never even knew I had - it took the guy I love at the point of leaving me to see what I should've known, should've stopped, a long time ago. And now I'm left here, thinking about lost time, where I am now, and where I might've been and I wonder just how I let it get this far so young, when I should've been so full of hope. I'm lost.

No need to reply, just needed to say this somewhere.
    The way I change the past is by not repeating it
    -James Hetfield, Metallica

Your not lost...your are one wise and brave young women and I am glad to get to know you...
    Stay close to this site and post often...you are on your way to a brighter future.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

That Girl,
      We have not met yet...so "HI". I have been around a LONG time now. You aren't lost...you are still in there. It takes time to come back out. Set yourself a plan and stick with it...if you fall off course....get up, dust off, and get right back on course. DONT LOOK BACK!!! There is no need.....it is behind you. AND lets face it....NONE OF US like what is back there. I think we all TRY to figure out HOW we got here...hell if any of us ever figure that out, we might have a cure...don't waste your time....put all that energy in to FIXING YOU!!!!! The future is bright and holds alot of good...the past is just that the past. You can't change it...no need to try and figure out what went wrong or why...it is done. Make sure that today and tomorrow are not like yesterday. That...that you do have control over. Hugs and the very best to you.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

(((That girl))))

I can well relate to your post. My hubby and I both procrastinate and don't follow thru on projects due to drinking. You have put your finger on one of the biggest reasons to quit, to start enjoying life again instead of living it thru an alcoholic haze. :welcome: and :thanks:

Comment

Hey to brittzak and hart, nice meeting you both

Thanks all of you for the support, it really does help to have people remind me that not only can i get through this, but that it's worth doing it. It's also good to have someone bring you back down to earth now and again - I've been rushing ahead of myself and beign reminded that this isn't an instant solution has put a stop to that

Comment

I was sober for 10 years and thought I had it all under control. My life was great then I lost my job, house and had to file bankruptcy and start all over. I wasn't strong enough and I have relapsed 3 times in the last year. I have been dry this time for 4 mos. so far but it is a constance battle. I don't know where my life is or was or what's going to happen in the future, I just take it day at a time and I know that eventually I'll get myself back. There is no time limit.

Comment

Great topic ThatGirl. I actually had a similar conversation with my sister yesterday. Her advice to me was to "put a plan" into place. Try to do what you use to love every day. Challenge yourself everyday by trying something new or by just getting out there and doing something, beit a walk, an adult class at the local school, going to the library, gym, etc..... Make a list of things you have been considering doing but haven't mustered up the strenght to do. Put that list on your fridge, and check it off each time you accomplish or attempt to do something. Similar to you, I also feel lost. Where is the old me who use to have good eating habits, who use to run in races, who was dynamic and busy with fun things to do?
              September 23, 2011

Comment

Thats a really good idea Reenie, not least because I adore making lists! It's the only organised thing I ever do xD

Comment

Working...
                X