Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoCo shell mulch just killed my friends dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evie,
    As a short term help, possible your area Vet's could post a warning notice in their clinics. Since you do know it's being sold there in your area. I know it's not much but a small start until something more can be done?
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

As a fellow pet lover and owner I'm so saddened to hear about your friends loss... It is good though to get the word out because it could happen again to somebody elso... just soo sad.
      ~ Most of my friend have fur and 4 legs ~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

This is really sad and hopefully rare. I have never heard of this, but I've never seen this kind of mulch here either. I am curious as to the actual cause of death. Is it the theobromine toxicity or impaction from the hulls? Seems odd that it is so sudden with no symptoms. I will have to ask one of my vet friends if there is anything else that can be done to warn people.
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Danger to dogs from cocoa bean mulch put in perspective - June 1, 2006

ok, may have answered my own question here.

more interesting info on the subject. thanks for posting this evi.lou!

snopes.com: Cocoa Mulch and Dogs
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

That is just so awful. Write to the manufacturers and point out the error of their marketing. Whilst it is no compensation, they should be bloody well sued. Then it will be brought to the attention of all around. Well done to you for caring enough. I feel very sad for the chimp who was shot yesterday, I know he went 'mental' and did horrendous things, but poor chap.

Comment

I got an email a while back about this stuff. I just read it and said I would never use that stuff because I love my dog. It scares me because I don't know if my neighbors use this stuff. My dog tends to visit them often. LOL

I'm gonna check with them. Thanks for posting this.
              RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
              X