Army thread 19 feb 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 19 feb 09

Keets you are a star girlie and Bestie is right when she says it gets better and better!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Best!
      Thanks! I don't feel like an inspiration, BUT I sure do agree, that everything has slowly but surely been positively effected. Man, the depression I suffered. Such despair (sp?) There were truely days I just wished I hadn't woke up. How sad that AL was responsible for that and I kept on drinking!!??

starts...thank you! It does get better! I feel so much more hopeful, and positive about my life than just two short months ago. I honestly am surprised by the depth of change. Emotional...unfortunately, the physical change ended at about a 14 LB loss :H

I don't miss the hangovers.
      I don't miss the fighting with my husband.
      I don't miss the blackouts.
      I don't miss not remembering going to bed.
      I don't miss the guilt.
      I don't miss the SHAME.
      I don't miss feeling out of control of my own life,
      I don't miss the CRAVINGS.
      I don't miss that sinking feeling when opening the fridge and feeling panic because there are only 2 beer left and the liquor store is closed.

I enjoy the freedom from all those things.
      I enjoy feeling like there is HOPE for me.

I enjoy being a non-drinker!

I couldn't have done it without the support of all the people here. I am so grateful for all of you and this site!:l:h:l
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

I can't agree with you more Keeta..........
        I couldn't have done it without the support of all the people here. I am so grateful for all of you and this site!
        ........I am nowhere near as far in my journey as you are but the empathy I feel from everyone here is starting to transfer to my home, work and life outside of MYO.....and yes, there is life outside MYO when I pull my nose out of my laptop.
        A HUGE congrats on 60 day!

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Congrats on 60 days Keeta. That is a huge step, and a goal that I am longing to reach. Well done you.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

red...thank you!
            I really do love this place.
            You can beat this bastard AL....never give up!

Cy,
            thanks for the congrats!
            You WILL reach your goals Cy, I have no doubt!
            I honestly never thought in a bazillion years I could go 2 months without booze.
            I did.
            There is nothing special or extraordinary about me, so I promise you if I can do it, Cy, you CAN too!
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

It was an incredible book Oney, I might read it again..

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Great Job, Keeta! You are a STAR!!!! Every day is just a little bit better isn't it?
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Hiya Kriggy!

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Hi Everybody

As some of you know I am back on the Sinclair method after dabbling with it in October. This time round after a shaky start when I was very nauseous it has been great- the Sinclair method requires that you drink every time a craving hits (after taking Naltrexone- no drinking without it) and it has been wonderful for me, while drinking I exp?rience very little pleasure, and by the time I reach beer number 3, I can't even finish it- hence I have been arriving home sober, going to bed sober and waking up hangover free.

I haven't mentioned the Sinclair method to my BF as he has heard so many broken promises over the years, and since opening the shop I have been a lot more controlled anyway, so I don't want him to begin worrying that by trying something new I will backslide, and trying to explain to somebody that the new method involves obligatory drinking is not an easy conversation to have.

This morning I had a bad headache (not a hangover- only 2 drinks yesterday) and took a migraine tablet which make me feel sick.

The BF just came in the shop and I told him I still don't feel great and would close the shop early, and hopefully be in bed by 9.30 pm.

"Why don't you just drink a litre or two of beer and then you can just crash out," was his helpful suggestion. I reminded him I never have any trouble sleeping, with or without alcohol.

Jeezuz.

Well at least he has a very short memory- he has obviously already forgotten how bad my alcohol problem has been and all the shit that my drinking has caused over the last 8 years he has been with me.

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Sorry Red and Cy, missed you guys there.

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

I go in for a biopsy in a couple of hours....not expecting anything but positive news. I had two last year and the Dr just wants to confirm all is well. Send some positive vibes my way in about 2 hours.....thanks you guys!
                        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Marby, I think our loved ones dont want to accept that we have a problem.

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Kriggy, positve vibes are coming your way hun....x

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

I have not read dry, but will try to get it this week.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

startingover;552412 wrote: Marby, I think our loved ones dont want to accept that we have a problem.
                                Obviously not- he probably just thinks it was a blip- bloody great big blip if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                                X