Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 19 feb 09

Hey Marby,
    Your Sinclair Method sounds very interesting....I hope you find success with it!
    How are my non-smoking buddies doing....Start....Oney.....Sun???
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

kriger;552411 wrote: I go in for a biopsy in a couple of hours....not expecting anything but positive news. I had two last year and the Dr just wants to confirm all is well. Send some positive vibes my way in about 2 hours.....thanks you guys!
      Krigs, my positive vibes are starting RIGHT now- all will go wonderfully!

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Its amazing what others can think about our drinking.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

cymru;552422 wrote: Its amazing what others can think about our drinking.
          He is a very forgiving soul anyway- sometimes I can be in a bad mood and snap or whatever and he never seems to mind too much- perhaps forgetting is just part of his nature

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Hi All!

Keeta ... well done on 60 days!!

Marby ... I have never heard of the sinclair method, i hope it works for you.

Krigs .... Sending good vibes your way x

Hi to everyone else!

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

one2many;552425 wrote: Marby,

Could he be testing you?? To see if you would jump at the chance to have a drink?
              No- he is not like that- he doesn't think I have 'stopped' anyway because I haven't...

I have just been sober for quite a lot of days or weeks in his eyes- so he probably thinks if I have a night heavy drinking once in a while that is fine!

He doesn't drink himself, and just doesn't understand I think.

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Krigs and Starts, sending positive vibes your way.

And Capt, what's this nonsense I read about you leaving... phuhhh!!

Hi Army:-)
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

one2many;552437 wrote: Yep, sounds like he doesnt understand alright but his heart is in the right place...

A lot of my friends are like that...ohhh you have been so good for sooo long.....why not come out and get rat arsed with us......might do ya good!
                  Yep, they just don't get it...but I suppose they mean well, we just have to not listen

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

one2many;552445 wrote: Thats it Marby.....sometimes its hard not to feel tempted tho....

Hi Deebers...
                    That is the good thing with the Naltrexone- I could not possibly physically finish a litre of beer at the moment- there is just no pleasure there for me- it is kind of like drinking anti-freeze, so even if I am tempted enough to go for it, I can't see it through.

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Hiya Oney!! How are you doing without the twaks??
                      I have a pot belly from eating so damn much:-(
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Hi Deebers- long time!

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Hiya Marbs.... I keep track of the news here, don't worry:-)

I've been thinking of you, and how you are doing.... hang in there Marbs you are getting there.

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Thanks Deebers

This is the best I have been for a long long time.

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

That's great Marbs. Sounds like the Sinclair method is working for you.

I've been meaning to ask you, did you ever go for one of the "Journey" sessions?

Comment

Army thread 19 feb 09

Yes, I actually went to see for councillor for more sessions (non journey) she was very nice, and the Journey itself was very emotional, but I did not find it helped the drinking which was my main reason for being there.

Alot of memories came up, but I wondered if I was not forcing some of them, to be a 'good patient' I don't know if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X