Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about today? can you do it today?

Eat them! Eat them! Here they are!

My 2 year old loves this book -- although I admit I skip parts of it sometimes at bedtime, cause it's a bit long for a lil one.

Croft, I hear you. I am struggling too...although I am on day 4 right now, don't want to cave, but feel that I easily could. One thing that is helping me right now, though, is that I have been feeling positive and productive all week. So remembering that for tomorrow is what I need to keep in mind, I think.

Hang in there and keep posting, or feel free to PM me.

Comment

Hey Croft, I'm with you - AF TODAY.

xo

Comment

Whoa Nelly

Drive thru for booze, what a concept. I've never heard of that before now.

Boy do I live a sheltered life - thank God.

Ahhh yes, 'Green Eggs and Ham', Dr. Suess, great series of books for kids and parents who are kids at heart.

(Wish I hated AL as much as I dislike eggs). Reality Bites.

I like the idea of the Book Store though, it keeps my mind occupied just trying to find that book I want and some stores like Chapters and Indigo have wonderful little cafe's.

Mostly, I go to 2nd hand stores for my books.

Anyway - we're with you on your Journey, Be Safe and Keep comin Back. :l

Comment

I go to the library for books! And many of my son's books were mine as a child, or his brother's, who is now 18. Stock that bookshelf at no cost whatsoever.

Comment

Hey Croft,
            It is always good to see your here - sort of. I wish you felt you were doing better on this alcohol issue. I thought of you this past week during a trip to Vegas, remembering your trip there last year. You have a great life, so much to lose to AL.

Have you read any inspirational books on this topic? The Allan Carr book, Easy Way to Quit Drinking grabbed my attention, though I admit I was ready, had enough at that time. There are many other good titles under What We Are Reading. Also check out the reviews at Amazon.com to see not just which of these books people liked, but why they liked them.

Have you gone through the Toolbox thread under Monthly Abs? You may have done this probably a hundred times, but you should just pick a few ideas there and make it work. Make a plan, as WIP would say. Your success is not likely without a plan.

Many people here love you and want to help. Just tell us what you need.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hi there croft well its always good to see you and hear whats going on with you ..
              and i love your humor .. this time come back and stay with us girl you can and will be able to do this..
              as many times as we all have try ..it will click in and you will hear the bell of freedom ..

stay strong and think positive girl
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
              X