Have you noticed any little gifts 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still_Fighting started a thread a while back asking if anybody else had been receiving little gifts since they had started trying to not drink. Well, I finally did! I used to rarely ever go anywhere after work mainly because I wanted to hurry home to my old best friend Vino... Well a concert is going on in my city today that I really would like to go to. I was talking to some girls on our break room this morning, they were going to the concert and I was telling them I was jealous because I would sure like to go. An hour later my phone rang and a business associate asked me if I would like to have 2 tickets to the concert tonight. In the past I would have said thanks but no thanks but instead I said WOW, That would be great!!!!!! I called my daughter who has a 4 month old baby (my grandson, obviously) and asked her if she would like to go and she said she would love to. Her guy says he will watch Junior. We are now SO EXCITED! The guy showed up with the tickets and they are excellent!! In a suite (whatever that means and I heard that meant awesome!!!). So anyway, WOW!

I'm really happy to have something to do tonight to keep my mind off of my troubles because tomorrow morning my company is doing LAYOFFS! Nobody knows and I will have to lay one person off myself and I have been feeling TERRIBLE about it :upset:. I have NEVER fired or laid off a person before! That is one of the reasons that my drinking had gotten so out of control. I have had this hanging over my head for months and I can't discuss it with anybody and I feel so terribly guilty even though I didn't even get a vote in the matter. I have been praying and praying that I can get through the meeting in the morning without crying like a fool! Please everybody say a prayer for me for tomorrow!! I will try so hard to be brave and now that I have something wonderful to do tonight I know I won't be tempted to drink in anticipation of tomorrow!

Sorry this post is so long!!
    Mrs. Swino
    AF since 2/9/2009!!
    Working toward 90 day goal!
    Then I don't know..
    and then I'll hate wine...Ya, that's the ticket...

Wonderful Mrs....proud of you and I bet your daughter is proud also. Have a wonderful evening!

Comment

Great news Mrs. god works in mysterious ways! Who are you going to see?
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi Cymru - Trace Adkins and the opener is James Otto. If you haven't heard of them they are Country music artists. I don't know if they are famous in South Wales but they are big here in the Southern USA!
        Mrs. Swino
        AF since 2/9/2009!!
        Then I don't know..

Comment

ooooh Trace Adkins was on Celebrity Appentice - he seemed like such a nice guy. And he sang a song in one episode that was just the most beautiful song...can't remember what it's called but it was deep.
          Excellent Mrs - I'll say a little prayer for you tomorrow also, it's a shit job but somebody's got to do it huh??

xo

Comment

Angelcakes;552478 wrote: it's a shit job but somebody's got to do it huh??

xo
            Well said Angel!! Thanks for the prayers, I'm gonna need 'em!
            Mrs. Swino
            AF since 2/9/2009!!
            Then I don't know..

Comment

MrsSwino, I'm just getting back online after about a week off (not a good week, mind you). I was so glad to see this thread and I'm thrilled you got such great tickets. I hope you had a blast; I hope you are able to handle the difficult Friday better than you thought you would; and I hope you get lots more little gifts! I got one tonight, just by knowing someone on here remembered me, so thanks!
              Keep in touch,
              Still Fighting
              "If it is to be, it is up to me" -R Stayer
              "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

Comment

Working...
              X