AM I TIGHT??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM I TIGHT??

It is my nephews birthday today and he is 25. I have been surrogate mum to him since my sister got ill and then killed. I have only ?20.00 to give him. I wish I had more. I fantasised I had ?100.00. He will just spend it on drugs, but it is not the point, I wanted to give more. I am however, skint. So I have gotten him lunch, milkshake (childhood memories) My milkshakes are just out of this world. Yet another recipe me feels. It is just that I have masses of bills and little funds. Should I feel ashamed. Is it the thought that counts. I have always given more and that is when you set a president. This year funds are much tighter. What do you think??

AM I TIGHT??

Maddy
    I know how you feel. My funds have been very low. I have had to cut back on gifts. My kids are in their 20's and have been very understanding. I think what is important is that you are going to spend time with him and make him something special(milkshake). We do the best that we can.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

I vote that you do something for him that is personal and doesn't cost much money.
      Maybe make him his favorite dinner, sent him some homemade cookies...something that you do yourself shows true love and he will remember that long after any dollars you would give have been spent and forgotten.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

tHANKS COS IT HAS BEEN REALLY BUGGING ME. HE HAS STOLEN OFF ME, TRIED TO SELL MY MOBILE PHONE IN THE PUB. DEALT COCAINE FROM MY HOME WHEN I WAS AT WORK. YET, I STILL LOVE HIM AND SEE HIM CRYING OUT FOR HELP. HE HAS HAD SUCH SHIT, REALLY HE HAS. IT IS SAD ISN'T IT. BUT HE HAS ME THE VERY MAD MADDIVA AND TRUST ME HE HAS SEEN ME IN SOME STATES. YET HE IS VERY LOYAL. HE IS STILL A KID AT 25. ODD ISN'T IT???? I AM COOKING HIM DINNER AND I LISTEN TO HIM. WHEN I GET RICHER I SHALL MAKE IT UP TO HIM. CAN YOU IMAGINE IF I GAVE HIM A ?100.00 HE BLEW IT ON DRUGS AND DIED. ?20.00 IS ALL I HAVE. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT....

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

Maddy....Your doing everything you can. His life is up to him. Your a good Auntie ! Ha! IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

Maddie , it sounds to me you are one of the only consistants in his life, that means so much more than anything, anyway 20 sterling is alot for a 14 yr old, he can have some fun with that!

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

HE IS STILL A KID AT 25. ODD ISN'T IT????

Not to me Maddy. I turned 39 only 3 weeks ago today and I still feel like an 16yr old in my head!. I can't cope with life and responsibilities because I've never known anything else than chasing that buzz. Even LONG after the buzz was over and the fun had gone out of it I still chased it; because that's all I've ever known. I AM PETER PAN YES I AM..........YES I AM!!!!.

I actually find myself in the same boat with my nephew this week-end. He'll be 9 next Friday but I will only get the chance to see him this week-end. My brother has access only every fortnight at week-ends and he lives in Sheffield with his mum which is quite some distance to travel from here!!. So the rest of the familly are giving him his presents and birthday card this week-end. I am absolutely skint and was going to put money in a card and send it next week but I feel I've been put on the spot now because of everyone else and their actions. I've had to ask my mum for a loan for now which I hate doing but it's the only thing I can do so I don't feel like a prize twat being the ONLY one not giving him anything this week-end!

It's great to see you posting Maddy by the way! Have noticed it a lot over these past few days!

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

sorry Maddie, hes 25 I see. Still he will appreciate it im sure.

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

thanks for that you all. Hipster, I have been posting a lot as I went awol and did not get that much better. So thought get back on it and do it properly. Which is where I am now. IAD, you are a dad, I am a mum, imagine a kid who had his mother murdered. Had it plastered all over the papers and television programmes about it. I cannot give up on him. As much as my heartless kids (and I love their black and white vision) demand I do. I just cannot. I fear for the lad. He had no fair start, but tons of money, but no fair start and in that lies the truth. Money buys sweet fanny adams. It is love......

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

Honey.............
                    "Children spell love...... T I M E".......even grown kids. Don't feed his drug habit....feed his soul with some loving memories.....

:l
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

Limers yep he is 25, but honestly, he is like a 16 year old. Just not normal development. But there again what should we expect?? I just care about him, always have and always will, I see him dying soon. He owes drug dealers thousands of pounds. Now how long are they going to wear that? He needs to admit to me he has a problem, so my good gay friend told me last night. Not sure he is capable of doing that! I lied and said 'yep he told me he had a problem' truth is I know he has problems and I lie to cover them up. Cos everyone has given up on him. How cruel is this human nature? I am at a loss with it all.... Mind you my soup may sort him out.....lol:H

Comment

AM I TIGHT??

plus worse thing ever. He has failed to show..... Could it be my cooking?? :H

Comment

Working...
                        X