Just wanna say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanna say...

...it's Sunday morning here & I feel great! I'm not grumpy with my kids, I don't feel sick, I won't eat crap food all day, the day won't be wasted & I won't be wishing it was over so I can feel better tomorrow.
    I couldn't have done it without you guys...everyone who knows me & those I haven't met properly yet, THANKYOU. I'm lurking a lot of the time so I've probably read your posts, and they've all helped immensely *getting teary*
    I love those shots in House & Garden magazine of the Mummy & Daddy & kids in a beautiful, crisp bed on a Sunday morning...all smiling & the sun shining through the window - that was never a reality for me until now. I was more bedragled/dehydrated than beautiful!!!
    I always wanted to be one of those people who could have a nice dinner & a couple of glasses of wine on a Sat night, watch a movie & go to bed...well now I'm finally becoming what I always wanted to be

The things that have helped so far (just at the beginning of my journey really) are the supplements - I take them religiously, the CDs - I listen religiously, this site - I;m here religiously, I eat well & exercise 3-4 times a weeks (37yrs old & 2 kids later & in better shape than when I was 27 that's for sure!:H)and the final thing is that I WANT IT.

Anyway, I feel great love & respect for all of you just for being here - thanks again.
    Sorry for the long post & it's all about me...I know I've only just started and there'll be tuff times to come but I'm gettin' there.

Angel xo

Just wanna say...

:l

You are doing incredibly well, Angel! Lurk all you want but don't forget to post now and then, too!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Just wanna say...

Angel, this is what its all about, and you are discovering it beautifully.
      Keep posting hun, you are an inspiration!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Just wanna say...

*getting teary again* thanks guys, I'm a bit shy with posting but thanks for the encouragement.
        God I think I must have PMT right now...I don't usually well up so easily.

xo

Comment

Just wanna say...

thanks Oney, that's another reason why I posted this...so I can look it up if I need to.

xo

Comment

Just wanna say...

Hey, sometimes when I think of how I was and how I am now, I get overcome with gratitude too. Its a good thing to be emotional about it. Dont forget we have numbed for a long long time.
            Like Oney says, find a way of remembering how good this is in case times get hard.
            Oh yeah, no need to be shy with us either :-)
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Just wanna say...

Angel, well done!! I'm feeling similarly at the other end of the island (despite the wind!)

hope we will meet up some time this year for a threesome with BH!

mame
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Just wanna say...

Thanks Starters

Mame, good to hear from you mate...haven't seen you around. Definitley get in contact if you're ever up here...

xo

Comment

Just wanna say...

This is one of the most encouraging posts I have read!!! I am feeling very hopeful to return to the place you are.

Comment

Just wanna say...

I'm glad Croft - it hasn't been all a box of fluffies and I still have crap days but they're getting fewer & fewer.

xo

Comment

Just wanna say...

Angel Cakes - I'm so happy for you! You are the age that really is the sterotypical "Best years of your life" and now you will be able to look back and remember good times and not a bunch of regets caused by alcohol. I wish I could go back and re-live some of that time in my life when my kids were little. Fortunately, I didn't go overboard with the wine until they were grown...so I have some really great memories of back then. I';n trying to straighten up now so I'll not have embarrasing memories of when my grandchildren are little!

also

One2Many - Thank you so much for changing your avitar! I've really enjoyed reading your posts in the short time that I have been hanging around on this site. But that butt.... Lets just say it didn't match your good personality!! :thanks:
                      Mrs. Swino
                      AF since 2/9/2009!!
                      Working toward 90 day goal!
                      Then I don't know..
                      and then I'll hate wine...Ya, that's the ticket...

Comment

Just wanna say...

Angelcakes,
                        I am 37 two kids too....sure is nice waking up and happy to see their faces instead of running for the bathroom or wishing for death I am so sick. I can very much relate to your post. Sober life is much more enjoyable...that is for sure.
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Just wanna say...

Angelcakes, Congratulations! It feels really good to feel really good, doesn't it? Keep it up!
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                          X