30 Days....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Days....

Hmmm.. seems to me that the people who came up with 30 days AF as some sort of standard actually knew what they were doing.

In case you've missed it... I had a few drinks last night. After what? 32 days, I think. These are my observations:

1. I did not get 'drunk' (and I certainly could have)
    2. While drinking I was wondering what all the hoo-hah is about
    3. When I decided that I'd had enough (I actually poured out most of the last drink) I knew that this wasn't going to be repeated real soon.

I don't view this so much as a 'slip' - more as an experiment. There was absolutely nobody at home - I wasn't going to hurt anyone (other than myself), even IF things had got out of hand. I actually think that a good period of AF time DOES somewhat reset some of the switches in our head. I also know that I need more AF time. I'm not anywhere near where I need to be yet. But, I actually have some hope that perhaps one day I could become a 'normal' drinker.

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

30 Days....

Sunny, it sounds like your experiment was a resounding success then?
    You have learnt more about yourself and all that can do is help you get to where you want to be.
    I applaud you for that!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

30 Days....

Hey Sunny, thanks for the post. It's really interesting/helpful for me to know how the '30days' works for everyone.

It sounds like you done good girl...not a 'slip' or relapse at all.

xo

Comment

30 Days....

Hey Sunshine,
        Sounds like a good start. Maintaining that attitude that alcohol really isn't that great, I think is important in learning to drink moderately. A person is probably in trouble if they are thinking, "Yeah, I can DRINK again". Your head is in a good place.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

30 Days....

Sunshine, congratulations firstly on experimenting when you were alone. I too have been wondering about 30 days and if I could have a drink with dinner when we go out. At the moment I'd be too scared of getting the taste again. Secondly, congratulations for not going overboard. Happy for you that you think you may be able to moderate.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09
          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

30 Days....

This is very insightful. I am on the verge of committing to the 30 days. Everytime I do I get resentful, but your post has me encouraged to try again.

Comment

Working...
            X