had my change of life moment 7weeks af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks everyone, life is really hard right now, all your support is great, I really have been doing great, I am learning life without a drink is a great way to live, no matter what your are going through, but I have to deal with all my emotions, without my WWM (white wine medicine so I can get really stressed. I am finding other ways to deal with stress.
    thanks
    Plumeria
    sigpic

Comment

plumeria, way to go. Seriously... It must be tough for you right now.

How is your husband doing?

Take care. You are a strong, wonderful, caring woman.

ps. I just LOVE your puppy pic. Very cute.

Comment

Plum...how is your husband doing?
        RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Plum,

Congratulations. Wishing the best for you and your hub!
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Plumb....great for you ! When my wife told me the same statement as your title........I was taken a bit back .........( Had my change of life moment....) What can I say, were all getting older ! Ha! IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

thanks for all your support,

my husband is stable, but very tired, we applied for SSI disability as he is too weak to work, also he has diffuse diabetic macular edema caused from his diabetes and the bleeding from the liver problem
              He says his vison is like looking underwater, so working is out.

We are the 10% of americans, that both lost our jobs from downsizing we have never been on unemployment before, but finding a job in this market is really hard.

The kick in the pants on top of everything else was my husband got called for the final interview ( the big boss flying in to meet him) He had to turn it down as he was in ICU fighting for his life.

We have lost our home, our truck, our trailor, our retiement property, our savings and our good credit, we moved in with our daughter right after my husband got out of hospital.

Then with everything going on, I mailed cobra payment late so they said they dropped us. I was two days late in grace period, I wrote protest letter, but I am not holding my breath on that one.

My husband and I laugh that after 28 years of marriage we have to start over, we are like a sad country western song:l

You know what I learned through all this is, when the person you love most in the world also most dies, all the material stuff really does not matter it can all be replaced.

Loving each other and the love of our family, congergation and most importantly our love of our creator helps us to endure

Sorry for the long post good stress release:h

Plumeria
              sigpic

Comment

Plum.......your right ! You have each other, that's all that matters. ( Your broke, but you have each other......Sorry Ha! I got to look at the funny side of life, if not I'ld crack up......IAD )
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

God all mighty, im so sorry to hear about such a catalogue of disasters..I wish you the very best, of everything..health, happiness and getting your life back on track financially, thinking of you and will light a candle for you and your husband.

Comment

Working...
                  X