X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 22 feb 09

Hi Everybody!!
    Hows Sunday morning/afternoon so far???
    Evie, When I was growing up we would pick strawberries in Plant City; I grew up in Winter Haven,FL...
    Rubes, I'm sure you have already explained the "high road" to Oney by now......how have you been these past days? The couple in our basement is moving out in 2 weeks. My hub is dancing a jig!!! We will finally have the space we need. I have a really nice, big HDTV to put down there and we'll work on our backyard patio this spring!!!
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Sorry, went out for yard work. The High Road means not dropping down to engage our problems on lower ground. Stay above the fray, take a better standard, and when the dust clears you have nothing to look back and regret you've said or done. It only works, however, if you don't HAVE to take on the problem, and even then, you don't lower yourself, just fight the prob with grace and integrity. Tho, sometimes you just have to slap the hell out of the bitch! LOL
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Krigers...I am stuffing my face with yummy plant city strawberries, I bought a whole flat full. never picked there myself but love to go to self picks..
        I am making fried green tomatos for lunch and tempura shrimp.
        Gonna think about pcking this afternoon. We got year passes to Disney and want to go PIN trading there tomorrow..
        We buy cheap Disney pins by the lots of 100 for about a buck each and trade them out at the parks for much better one's and then sell the for $15 or sometimes even $30 or $40. each..Pays for our passes and our hotel and makes a profit too...Some people move to Orlando to retire and make their living by pin trading....Nice work if you can get it....LOL
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

You bring in cheap pins and the Disney staff wear lanyards with good pins on them and all you do is ask them and they have to trade. all the restaurants in downtown Disney and Hotel staff must wear them and must let you trade.Check it out on Ebay or at the Disney site. There are world wide clubs of Disney pin traders. Japanese pay HUGE dollars...sometimes 100s or more for there favorite princess pin or goofy, mickey...each park has dozens of pins related to theme of the park they release each week..
          last year we funded a trip to Paris Disney by pin trading. KOOLL HUH ???
          Living in Florida you might look into it. It is a great way to get kids to over come their shyness.they get caught up in looking at peoples pins and forget about being shy. it brought Will out of his shell..
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Evie,
            That is a wonderful idea....maybe we can start paying for our trips down there!!! Mom and Dad are not too far from Disney!
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

I am coughing quite a lot today....I guess I am in the process of clearing out the old lungs. Some days I never have to even clear my throat and today it feels all gunky. I am on day 18 not smoking. I have noticed that I am holding all the tension from not smoking in my shoulders....I have such sore muscles now that I can barely lift my arms!!! I plan to take a long walk today if it doesn't rain; that will get rid of some of my tension and help my get ready for my 5K in April. Quitting the cigs is such a HARD thing to do....remind me never to smoke another one EVER again! Krigs

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Evening all. I've had a wierd day been very moody and short tempered, think it's just from tiredness. I had a little sleep and a nice bath and i feel a bit better now. Going to have a lovely relaxing evening with Cy, we have 2 films to watch and lots and lots of goodies (4 choc ring dounut, big bag of chocs each, 2 big bags of crips each, oh and pasta for dinner!!), yummy!!

How is everyone? Just going to catch up on the thread.

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Zenny, Who is Wick?

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Krigs ... your doing great hun, well done. I have tried many times to give up smoking and failed each time, the longest i've ever done is 8 and a half months. Going to stop once and for all in the next few weeks. I have to feel ready otherwise i know i will fail again.

Zenny .... LMAO, that has made me giggle!!

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Hi Wishy....all those treats sound like the makings of a beautiful evening. I watched "Nights at Rodanthe" last night. It was very enjoyable!! I love Richard Gere in almost anything! Diane Lane is one of my favorites, as well (Under the Tuscan Sun).

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

one2many;554792 wrote: Can I come???? Sounds lovely!
                        All are welcome! We are going to watch saw 5 and then tropic thunder. Really looking forward to saw 5, i love the twists in the story. I will be hide behide a pillow for most of it though as i'm not to good with scary stuff!

Evie ... the pin trading sounds awesome, i have never heard of that before. Sounds like fun and a good way of earning a few extra dollars x

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Catch ya later Zenny x

Krigs ... i like Richard Gere, he just has that sexy older man look about him!

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Hello there all
                            The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                            -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Hello, have I missed everyone?????
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army thread 22 feb 09

Hi Gang
                                I went to my meeting, talked with my sponsor. I ran my errands and now I am prepared to be snowed in. I am cooking zitii and meatballs, and making chocie pudding with whipped cream for dessert. The Princess is happy.
                                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                                X