Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction - Hi I'm new here, kind of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! I've been visiting this site for a few months trying to decide which direction I want to go. I know which direction, but rather what path to take.

I decided again to try to go 30 days without drinking starting on my Bday Feb 13th. I made it 7 days and drank this past Friday night. I don't know what the trigger was.

So I'm going to try it again this week and see if I can make it 14 days and then see if I can keep going, I want to make it at least 30 - 60 and beyond.

The longest time I've been AF in the last 8 months is 44 days (with the help of rehab you can read my story in "Tell us your story" forum)

I'm ordering the book, CD's and supp and I still have topa from when I got out of rehab, I'm going to give it another try.

Wish me luck, I don't think I can mod. I am broken (in my mind) and AF is the only way for me for now.
    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it!

:beach:

First of all, a warm welcome on behalf of everybody here at MWO... xxx Hugs.
    Sounds like you are sick and tired of spiralling down and down... take your new way of life one craving at a time. Please remember that a craving cannot and will not hurt you..
    All the very best, post often and know you are not alone in this fight.
    Again, welcome

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hi Prov!

Very nice to have you here- I myself am on the Sinclair method, but if you are attempting to go AF without any medication as such, maybe a smaller goal is more likely, to just go one day at a time, or similar?

More folk will come on who can advise you better than I but you do not have to set yourself such tremendous goals- you can do them, but in smaller chunks.

Please stick around and keep posting.

Comment

Welcome Prov, i am glad you found us. There is a great amount of help here and we are here to help you reach your goals. i look forward to getting to know you...
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Welcome Prov, good to have you here x x

Comment

:welcome:hello.
              One day at a Time.

Comment

Welcome Providence.
                I have a bit of different perspective on setting goals... I tried to quit drinking for three years. Sometimes I said "I'm going for 30 days" but never really committed to it. Without making that commitment, or any commitment at all (most often I wouldn't set a goal) it was too easy for me to give in to urges. Once I not only set a goal but also spoke it aloud to my therapist, I was able to set it.
                That said, I think the "one day at a time" is also valuable, in getting to the goal. I didn't have to get to my goal of 30 days to feel accomplishment - each day on the way there was definitely an accomplishment, and each day became easier with the accumulated single day successes.

Good luck!
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

When I arrived here, I had already completed 6 AF days. I continued to achieve 2.5 months AF, then began learning to drink moderately. That took me about 6 months. Now I have my life back. If you feel you can't moderate, I believe you. But we each go down many different paths to find our own success.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                  X