Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oprah, Sommers and Hormones

For "the other side" of this information, see this article:

Experts Slam Oprah and Somers' Take on Menopause | Newsweek Voices - Her Body | Newsweek.com
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

WOW.
    When I first got into alternative healing stuff, I would automatically dismiss the claims 'experts' make on debunking natural remedies. But as I get older, I accept that science can and does provide us with some realities that must be considered. And I've seen that many people sharing their personal experience as proof that a remedy is good and therefore everyone should do it, do tend to convey only the science that supports their claim - as this article purports that Suzanne Somers has done.

The hormones she talks about may be good - but if sound science has shown that they can cause cancer, I think that's worth thinking seriously about. Not all scientists and doctors are closed-minded or tied to pharmaceutical companies.
    Thanks for the link Sunbeam!
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. I agree with the article when it said that Oprah was very one-sided in this discussion because she wants to believe what she wants to believe.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I have seen this information supported by several people here, and I am thrilled that they feel it has helped them. I have had difficulty losing the 15 extra pounds I am carrying, and wondered about this. But the more I learn the less interested I become.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks for this, Sunbeam. I mentioned this, maybe but didn't do the link...it can be hard to strike a balance and be informed...did the article also mention how much money these movie stars have for plastic surgery???
          One proven thing to prevent aging is not to get too stressed in life, and stay out of the sun!
          Lila

Comment

and a few extra pounds also makes you look younger! You don't want to look gaunt!

Comment

Lila,
              I look at those youngsters with the skinny butts at work, and remember when I looked like that. My increasingly crooked back also contributes to my chunky look. But I am slowly dropping a couple of pounds. I plan to lose the 15 during 2009. Good to hear from you, Lila.

Comment

Working...
              X