Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm giving you a magic wand.....

Morning all!

After spending a long time thinking about the 'what ifs', I've finally quit looking backwards and am concentrating looking forwards. After whining to a friend about how unhappy I was with my life she asked me a very pertinent question 'If you could wave a magic wand and wake up tomorrow with a new life - what would it be like?' It really threw me, because after much thought I realised that I wouldn't change that much - and the things I wanted to change were attainable, but entailed effort and commitment on my part. I'm interested to hear what would others do with their 'magic wand??'.

Happy Monday

Bx
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

You're right, SB. We can't go back, and looking st our past is futile. If I've learned anything, from what I've done wrong, it's what to do right now. I now, even as late as today, try to make every day count, and every moment I can with my grandchildren. I call them, as often as I can, and let them know how much I love them, how special they are. I listen to them, learn from them. It's something I didn't have time to do when my children were babies, and I had to work everyday, and one of my biggestregrets. I'm trying to make Hubs understand that, since he loves the peace and quiet, and unfortunately is jealois of the time they take. Work towards the future, don't moan about the past.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I agree the past is the past and I can't change it, but if I could......

I don't want to blame one person for my drinking, but I'm gonna.... My ex husband. He made drinking look so great. He introduced me to rum. It made me feel great!!!!....

If I could change my past, it would be to never have met him.
      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Hey April - I understand what your saying, but what about your life now? Is there anything you would change looking forward? B.x

[/COLOR]

Comment

Sweaty Betty;555310 wrote: Hey April - I understand what your saying, but what about your life now? Is there anything you would change looking forward? B.x
          There is nothing I would change since Jan 28, 2009. Life is good. I am in control of everything which is so wonderful.
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Fantastic!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Betty, this is really interesting & you're right...I wouldn't change a lot.
              Altho I'm trying to get a veggie patch happening so if I had a wand I'd create the perfect, established veggie patch...oh and some fruit trees in the back yard also. But it'll be fun doing it from scratch...and more rewarding too.

xo

Comment

Thanks Betty for starting thread what would I ask of majic wand some thoughts come to mind here goes
                I would like to get to know myself more
                To be able to ask for help when I need it and act independently when I can
                Be able to accept love from others when I am having a tough time loving myself
                I would like to recognize that I always have choices and take responsibility for the ones that I make
                I would like to have an opinion without insisting others agree or share it
                Recognize at all times that my needs are my responsibilities only.
                I would like to give myself permission to forgive myself and others.

Comment

Wow S.B.,

For starters - I would wish I had a friend like yours. What a great question! I really will think on this...
                  Mrs. Swino
                  AF since 2/9/2009!!
                  Working toward 90 day goal!
                  Then I don't know..
                  and then I'll hate wine...Ya, that's the ticket...

Comment

I wouldn't change much about my life the way it is today. I'm working hard on building a solid foundation for my long term sobriety. If it were just handed to me, I'm not sure it would stick.

I would like to have more self-confidence.
                    I would also like to live closer to my 2 daughters so they could get to know their mother sober. (preferably someplace warm! ha.)
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I wouldn't change a thing!!! Part of getting and living sober I have learned to live and love what is here and now.
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                      X