• Show
Clear All

army-thread-tues-24rd-feb

Thanks Keeta
    Hope you have a good night sleep.
    BH

Comment

Im knackered today so im booting Gordo outta bed to bring the kids to school and im going back in for an hour or two.

Comment

Good for you Limers
        You will need all your energy for the big meet up at the weekend. Hope you all have a great time. Where are you staying?
        BH

Comment

In the trinity capitol in pearse street, I cant wait , I have only ever been away from the kids one night so this will be special.

Comment

Nice! I am sure it will be fantastic. I am mad jealous! I wish I could be there. I love getting away from the kids and do it as often as I can! I find I like them a lot more after a few days away from them but it usually only lasts a couple of minutes.
            BH

Comment

Evening BH. Glad your enjoying the job. Its great to have a job we love.
              These are the 12 steps for those who are interested
              These are the original Twelve Steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous:[11]

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out.

12.Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

When I first read these many years ago, I could not get my head around all the God stuff, and thought, feck that, I will do it my way. But, I now realise that I can not do this on my own. I have proved that to myself time and time again. AA really isnt about religion, and any particular God. As long as you believe in a power higher than yourself, and are willing to ask for help.
              I read the steps differently now than even 3 weeks ago. The only way to understand them for me is to do the programme with a sponser.
              There are people who have meetings and dont use the book. They talk about there problems and there day and go home. For me, this doesnt constitute solving the problem.
              As I said, I will not bang on about it, its our personal choice what we choose to do, and I dont want to come across as preaching about it. All I know is its working for me, where everything else has failed. Feel free to pm me if anyone wants to chat about it.
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

ha! ha! I will let you know my experience with that, mind you after a few days with Starts and Oney my appreciation of the kids could last a whole lot longr than a few mins.....time will tell! We are still seeing you in june are we not?

Comment

Morning Leeky. Your going to have a brill weekend. Im very jealous!
                  Oh, and to everyone...The new Prodigy album is BANGING!!!!
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Ahh, you're still with us then?
                    OK guys, trip to dublin is not up for grabs...yet...
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mornin' all! What's this thing going on with the squirrel avatars?
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Morning Vlad. Hows you?
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I'm good thanks. Having pancakes tonight - haven't had pancakes on Shrove Tuesday for a long time.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hi red,come a long way kid,keep thinking positive,sometimes you have to do what you got to do,i do hope things eventually work out gyco

Comment

Hello my dear, precious MWO friends. It is SOOO good to be here. Although I forgot to log off my computer last week, this is the first time I have been on here for what seems like an AGE!
                              It is nearing the two year anniversary of my mum's death, and last week I went to spend time in Christchurch with my family. My poor, darling sister proceeded to break a rib and a bone in her hand whilst very drunk, and then the shit totally hit the fan with her and her husband....I have been playing aunty to their two darling kids, yasmin, aged 12 and Maygan, 8. Has been a VERY VERY trying time, emotionally and the frustration element has been high - my sister IS ONE OF US, and unfortunately, even though she KNOWS the alcohol is screwing EVERYTHING up in her life, she CANT stop.
                              My ankle (which I sprained last week) has healed well. I got home this afternoon, and all is great on the homefront here - EXTREMELY glad to be home to relative peace and sanity!
                              Anyway, I am pretty sure I will not be popular at work, as I rang in from Christchurch requesting an extra two days off. TOO BAD!!!
                              It is great to be back, and see everyone here....I really hope you are all well. It is 11pm here on Tuesday, and at 11.35 the Catherine Tate show will be on - and I am fucking DESPERATE for a good laugh!
                              Love you all - and thanks Cy and BH for your PMs - meant heaps!
                              Back soon!
                              Kapparooney x x x
                              *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

P.S - Vaginal Squirrels?!????!!!! What the feck have i missed :H
                                *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Working...
                                X