Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pancake tuesday.....how do YOU eat YOURS????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pancake, oops
    Pipsqueak

Comment

Hmm.

Here is a link.

Pancake recipes for Shrove Tuesday - Telegraph
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

maddiva;556263 wrote: you made me laugh. Well my dad was devout Catholic and had me in the font for baptism until he succumbed to the evil drink and boy was he a bad alcoholic. He was a Delaney and that is Irish, is it not? But they went to Scotland at the start of the Potato Famine. So history is steeped in whisky!!!! lol.... I did not know that, my mum was locked away so was brought up with no traditions, but am interested to learn so thank you so much. I just had pancakes and my adoptive mother could not cook them. Now I just buy shop bought cos you guessed it - I am not good at pancakes either. I think it boils down to the frying pan and you really need an expensive one, cos mine just stick and resemble scrambled eggs!!! The kids just look at me with a pitiful look on their face as I squirt lemon juice and maple syrup (do bear in mind it is ?5.00 a bottle) I shall remain in shock forever. So shop bought do in this house... Shall have to invest. You made me laugh Limers....:thanks: I also think that is a lovely story about your mum. Good pan - good pancakes!!!! ABSOLUTELY I DID NOT KNOW, SO YOU ENLIGHTEN ME, BUT WHY DO THEY DO IT?? IS IT COS OF NO FOOD AND THEY ARE FILLING, HONESTLY, I AM BEING STRAIGHT UP WHAT IS THE TRADITION. WHY DO WE DO IT? I AM THICK TO TRADITION. AND I AM BEING GENUINE....
        Maddy, im pretty sure it was to use up all the eggs in the cupboard, years ago they gave up eggs for lent Im pretty sure thats where the pancake tradition spawned from.

Comment

Well I am interested and thanks for that so it is religious and it is meant to be spiritual. So that is good, maybe god will come to earth and save me, and I am not being flippant here I am being deadly serious. Cos at this moment I can but need support from the great good. Mardis Gras is on now in Brazil is it not. It is very interesting and we lose tradition. But you have put me straight and thank you. I shall look it up. What shall I give up for Lent, bloody alcohol, I so desperately hope.....:h But I have had pancakes today with lemon and sugar and they were just yummy. Crepes actually darlings.....

Comment

OMG this is good!!
            I've never heard of this pancake thing!!! And I'm Catholic! It's FAT TUESDAY. MARDI GRAS
            I learn so much here!
            Where do I get some of these sugar lemon pancakes...they sound yummmmy!

Zen, I just cross posted you. I knew you were a Brit.

Does IHOP count?

Comment

So how do you apply the lemon and sugar? Just sprinkle / drizzle it on? Do you butter them?
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWN3Ho9DL0U[/video]]YouTube - Frank Zappa - St.Alphonsos Pancake Breakfast All can say....is this all I know about pancake Tuesday...! Ha! IAD.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

LMAO iAD, ISNT THAT ALL WE REALLY NEED TO KNOW!

Comment

Working...
                  X