Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You may have read something similar . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this elsewhere in MWO today and then it occured to me . . .

Friends Drinking and Driving
    I've been there, my cousin who, One night, the one night that changed His life and so Many Other Lives Forever. Went to the pub after work, got inebriated, got behind to wheel of his car, commenced his journey home and DROVE INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC.[/SIZE]He KILLED a 17 year old GIRL.

He got a 3 year sentence and Only spent 9 months in Jail. Visiting him there with his wife and two small children was . . . I can't put it into words and . . . I have to Stop Myself from Screaming. . . Are you seriously saying your friendship is more important then another human life? I don't believe that you are . . .

I Impore you to Get on the phone and call the authorities. It sounds like your Friend is OUT OF CONTROL and has NO quams about drinking and driving with others in the car. Your Friendship is NOT WORTH A HUMAN LIFE.

I hate to be so brash but . . .
    Let God Help You Make the Right Decision . . .

I used to drive drunk. I will not anymore. Now, at least I have a conscience, or probably more of an awareness. If I want to drown myself and poison myself with alcohol I have committed myself to not be a harm to an innoccent one. I have young men, children (24, 26) who are obviously at the age to "go out" and party. It was my greatest privelige to have them, their girls and one grandson stay here with me, playing guitar hero, eating wings and stuff and drinking their beers right here. We do not have a spacious place, it is not the Waldorf but we had a lot of fun. Afew days before New Yrs. they told me they planned to go out to bars. I asked them to have a home party at their place. They kinda said it was going out they were. I asked God to keep them safe. I WAS worried. Like, two days before 12/31 I get a call they want to spend it here with me. Happy? Floored? YES! And they were all here, laughing, drinking their many cases of beer, eating (much of which they painstakingly made themselves) and playing guitar hero. I admit at 53 yrs. old I took a walk away from it for a few minutes here and there. Me? The probably one of the worst alkies you'll ever meet was sipping black tea until midnight. I was so tired.I deliver the mail for my living and we had a snow storm here on 12/31. I was beat but the heavy load was off me once they came to the door and I knew they were safe in my truly humble place. What felt the best is that they wanted to be here. The kids understood eachother more than me but never tried to exclude me. My grandson was so tired by the time they got here was immediately tucked into a bed. I am glad I have always been upfront with my kids. We help eachother and understand alcohol dependency. We discourage it but understand its existance and accept eachother and try to encourage one another. Never was that more true to me than on this past New Yr eve. They are headed to great lives. One a scientist, the younger a true computer whiz, their girls both teachers. I believe they are afraid of being like me and I am so glad about that. Anyways, New Years morning they were all sleeping it off. I made a six course breakfast, watched (some of them) breathing, sleeping and thanked God for letting them be safe, right here, right now. My grandson, whom I adore, woke early, had bacon and pancakes, stuff. It was right. No one dropped their paycheck, safety or sanity for a very maybe crazy night out. You know? They actually hung the New Year's Day until the very end. They all had to get back to their real worlds. Anyway, after probably one of the worst days of my career life I got lucky enough to come home to real life. One with the ones closest to me, a surprise they were here too !(I did not expect to be chosen over the bar)I hope it happens that way again next year. The peace of mind, even if I picked up after all of them, priceless...!!!!Sorry I went on so long

Comment

Great story Comet. I have often forced my sons friends to stay over here or to not let my them leave their friends houses at night.

I worry a lot sometimes since some people here on MWO speak casually sometimes about drinking and driving. Even in the old days when I was drinking, I very rarely drove under the influence. It is just so deadly.

Please, to those of you out there who are still drinking, DO NOT DRIVE IF YOU ARE DRINKING.
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks for your post P... it sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

Comet, I can relate to your post. Only recently have I been volunteering to pick my daughter up at night from movies, whereas previously I just wouldn't allow her out because I knew I would be too trashed to pick her up or (shudder) I would still pick her up thinking I was "fine"

TG those days are behind us.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mags you are so right. What scared the living be-jesus out of me is not thinking it's a problem or thinking "oh, I'm not that drunk"
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

And here's the really scary part for me.

I drink to blackout. When I blackout, I have driven and not even known it. OMG!!

That is why I MUST NOT DRINK!!!!!!!!!!

I am a danger to myself, yes, but more importantly, a danger to others.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

We almost lost him

Thank YOU DeeBee,
              I really did not expect to see a thread and after I read my original post, I thought perhaps I was being to harsh with the words 'call the authorities'. I couldn't think of who to call.

You see, while I still can't tell my whole story yet, I have been able to let little slivers of my life fall onto the written page. So I have been posting small portions of the bigger picture. Here is yet another fragment.

A couple of years back, we almost Lost our precious Son to DUIing. He was in a headon collision and another person. The other man came out of the accident with a broken leg and otherwise was ok Thank God. Our son however, was in a coma for several days and the doctors were not sure he would make it because of head trauma and other serious injuries.

Abt. six days into ICU (shunts in his lungs etc) our friends and family ralied round and created a Prayer Circle, which I had never heard of prior. To make a long scary story short he pulled thru and left the hospital after 2+ weeks with a broken leg & wrists and although he was told not to go back to work for 3 months, he was back to work after 5 weeks. Nothing short of a Miracle. Praise God.

DeeB, Comet, Cinders THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING had you not have posted I would probably given up on this forum.

I know just how hard it is to try to take the keys from a friend or family member. I know how hard it is to deal with an ALic friend or family member, and I know how hard it is to watch a family member or friend DIE from Alcoholism - God Do I Know :upset:

But I also know how wonderful I feel just being here in MWO and reading all of the emotional and inspiring threads.

(message to myself Stop Blubbering :upset

Comment

HEY kIDS (we all really kids, just still learning, great, thankyou to you who are listensing to me) It was the best for me to have my kids here on a holyfest of stupid drinking. I am still thanking God. I believe in God. He is so better than me. My inspiration for my life has come from Him. He has helped me. I got two wild crazy kids to be responsible. It was not me. It was Him. He may be a Spirit. I believe He is a force. Just believe and that force hears you.Thanks for talking back to me. I woke up this morning thinking I probably made a fool of myself, no one would understand. I thought you all would think I'm a nut, but, you kids give me a lot of hope and a feeling for friensdship I have not had lately, a drunk's sperspective. Just the few responses have made me face tomorrow better. Thanks. I know I sounded braggy about my kids. It is because I am truly proud of them and just happy how they worked thier lives out. When they were little he st randred, I wondered how could I get them to a good place. Well, I have been working real hard all these 30 yrs. I could write a book about struggle. All I can say is that they did not have too much when they were little. What I did for the lack of money for "vacation" was THE PUBLIC LIBRARY, a park that had swimming for a buck a car (a beuatiful place, mountains view} Crazy place I live, the Catskill mts. Beautiful everyday, unless you do not appreciate nature.I love all the animals ., birds, all I feed everything with what we reject. I know, to many I am corny, corny yes, I will not stray ever, they, the creatures are my friends. They only want love. I have got it and to the very end of my days I will give it. It is easy for me and do you really want to know something?It feels so good that if these guys would reject my stale bread and whatever my heart would be broke,they have not let me down yet. Corny, now, how do you like me know?They do not reject stale bread, at my really simple place they wait for the stuff we have go to give them, well it is me that remembers to remember them. Someone should, it is ok , it is me. Makes me happy. It is actually selfish. When we give to others, it is actually for ourselves for it all comes back to ouselves. Believe in all else and that goodness will be yours. I do believe. Take my word, imagine, believe, Linda YESYeah! I need you! Thanks for being my friends! Super people., light and the truthREAL ONESThankyou

Comment

Working...
                X