Dailyom -- Self Esteem exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got this yesterday from dailyom and wanted to share it. I'm trying it hope you find it useful.

DailyOM - A Self-Esteem Exercise
    :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
    ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Great excersize. Thanks for posting. I had trouble coming up with 5 things I like about myself!

Comment

Just read this and completed it. Going to try it this week.....Brillliant. It is hard to think of 5 things you like, but I think that is the point. It gets you to change the habit of a lifetime and see yourself in a positive light!!! We shall see.

Thank you for thinking of us...great post.

Anyone who does this, report back, be nice to hear if it has any positive (or otherwise) results.....

.....love Moo:goodjob:
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

you're welcome
        Moo that's a great idea! I will report back. Sometimes it's difficult to come up with 5 the first time, imagine a whole week. It's true what the article says: "If you are having trouble coming up with a total of five items, you know that this exercise can really benefit you". Hope people join me!
        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"

Comment

Spoonbending

Thanks for the link to that site. I hate thinking of things I like about myself! LOL. Seriously though I am going to give it a go

There's also a spoonbending course. Might give it a try!
          AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Lets hope we are not all too big headed 1 week from now......LOL....

Looking foward to the results....X
            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

My tenacity.

My sense of humor.

My empathy.

My hair.

My intellect.

Thanks for helping me get back on track today, 1more. It's been a long, hard day and this was a bright spot! I love your pic, too!

Be
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

LOL, I forgot about my avatar here! In real life I have nice hair, honest!! LOL

Comment

1MorChance, Good Thread makes a person really stop and think.

'B' Me At Last - What the Heck is that Avatar?

Search4Peace - (your a banana and a good looking one at that) so one good trait for you is 'You have thick skin' heeee hee (just tryin to help out)

Comment

Be and polaryzed glad you like the site. Be, my avatar is Jennifer Beals, remember, from Flashdance. She's one of my favorite actresses. She's a great activist, intelligent, kind, and I admire her so I thought I would use her picture. Maybe I should put a disclamer so I don't get sued LOL

Comment

1MC,

Thanks for the article. I can probably come up with 5 things once...but will try for the whole week.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Five things I like about myself: (this is a stretch as I have HUGE self esteem issues)

I am a good cook.

My hair.

I think I have nice eyes.

I am good at my job.

I am an honest person.
                        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Moo, duh, Jennifer Beals, of course! My HB still has a crush on her from that movie!

Polar, I'm just a happy furball!

Okay, now for the test... 5 more today...this is a challenge, isn't it? I'm guessing I can't repeat them.

I am great at multi-tasking.

I appreciate and respect nature.

I am non-judgmental.

I have great boobs, LOL! (Hey, at 48 that's something for me!)

I'm a fantastic mom.

This is cool! I should have my kids read it to remind them I'm not all that bad!
                          Be

Comment

1MC, great thread. I will give it a try. This gives me something to focus on this week and a reason to write in my journal everyday. Thanks so much.

P.S. Did you see the movie "Devil in a Blue Dress"? It starred Denzel Washington and Jennifer Beals. It was a good movie.

Comment

I know, this got harder today. I didn't think about posting them here, that's a great idea. But remember you also have to write them down on paper so you can read them in front of the mirror at the end of the week.

Becoming, hey if you have them flaunt them LOL.:thumbsup

I like my eyes
                              I like that I'm artistic (play the guitar, love art)
                              I like that I'm a hard worker
                              I like that I'm committed to my relationship
                              I like that I'm loving

Comment

Working...
                              X