something has shifted (due to you lot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...well it being friday and day (6) AF...the danger time begins for me here...

Friday is rarely a night were I would have more than a drink or two, but nonetheless not having it and knowing I am not having it tomorrow (week 1 as it were) I thought would be a challenge. So, I thought it would not harm me to pop on here to strengthen an already amazingly strong resolve to have a totally AFweekend.

I am amazed at how I feel about things. I am actually excited to have a weekend without a hangover where I will have more time to do stuff I need to do, time for me and time for myy man. Its great. I hope that remains all weekend. Time will tell.....but really positive.

I swear something has shifted this week, as although I have not achieved a great deal yet (because dont normally drink in the week at all anyway) I have spent all week reading in here, posting and chatting with you guys and by thinking a lot about the topic I have worked masses of stuff out........I just wanted to get all this down on paper (so to speak) ....and to say a big THANK YOU for all your help so far....

I feel like Ii have gained a load of new mates.....

Love Moo
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Moo,

How nice of you! Good luck this weekend but it sure doesn't sound like you need luck!

Take care,
    Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Oh ya Mod,

Mod, WOW I couldn't agree more things have shifted in my neck of the woods too for the better. I can honestly say I have never been happier in my life until finding this forum.
      (Oops except for when I had my kids.) Life changing here in MWO.

B'ing. Me at Last - please, please tell me what the heck is that Avatar? Cute, really but what is it?

Comment

Mood,
        Don't miss the tons of good tips under monthly abstinence to resist any urges.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hi mood,lots has shifted on me of late,hahahh,i havent worked for 2 months and the same for drink,the pounds are coming,beware of the weight ariser hahahha,ot that boyfreind mt havemore to grab onto hahahaha gyco hope yourr weekend goes well

Comment

LOL Gyco.......but that is one thing I am fully in control of......have lost 2 stone, stopping drinking should be the catalyst for the last half a stone.....i live in hope!!!!!

Thanks muchly guys again for the support.....Love Moo

Comment

...And Polar...

Thats great to hear....always good to read positive stuff.....keep up your happy thinking and extolling the benefits of the site...

Moooo

Comment

I am so happy for you Mod, It just keeps getting better and better. at least it has for me and i feel sure it will for you too. Job well done.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Keep up the positive attitude Moo!

Don't forget to stay close, and remember we are here for you even if you are feeling low, or need some help.
                  This is a fantastic place filled with supportive caring people!
                  We are here for you!
                  Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
                  X