SCREEN NAMES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCREEN NAMES

Most days I read the screen names of the people who visited MWO that day. Many I've never had any contact with, tho I've been here daily since last August, except for the times I'm travelling. Out of my own curiousity, and just for fun, how about posting why you chose your screen name, and avatar if you wish. Enquiring minds want to know!
    I'll start. I'm Ruby Willow. I wanted to be just Ruby, but it was taken. Ruby was the name of my favorite aunt, my g'daughters dog I bought her, and a favorite name in general. Willow is the name of one of my Yorkies. Plus, Ruby's are beautiful, precious, and long lasting, while willows bend but snap back. My current avatar is me on 'The Dragon's Tail' in North Carolina (the only pic of me I'll show) and the dog is my rottie, The Might Berit, my constant companion.
    I hope you will all play along!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

SCREEN NAMES

I suppose mine night speak for itself (res ipsa loquiter- latin), when I joined I hoped to be a moderator...that is still under review....add to that the fact I am Cow Mad and there you have it...

Moo:l
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Seacailin is the gaelic translation of my name Jacqueline
      My avatar is just me being silly.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Evie was my Grandmas name and I miss her so much. I have lived my whole life trying to be as good a human being as she was and i doubt that i will ever come even close. I will continue to strive to follow in her foot steps.
        My avatar is a close likeness (almost a Caricature) of what I really look like.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

I was at my very lowest when I signed up here. I couldn't think of anything. I was born in April. I was watching the weather channel and they were talking about the stage of the moon. My name was born Aprilmoon. LOL

My avatar is because I love Tinkerbelle!
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

For years I've been 'Sunshine' on anything online - but of course, that was taken. So, I added my initials and there you have it. I use a picture of myself as my avatar so that I feel more accountable.
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

This is fun! I hope others continue!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Hippie was taken

So, I have horses, therefore, Cowgal..............Cowgirl wasn't fun enough..............the avatar is my tattoo..............one of many.

Ruby, we are just about neighbors, or are you north of Jax?

MA:h
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Panicked because I was in a panic about losing my marriage if I didn't stop drinking. I didn't have an avatar to begin with. Chose the starfish and sea because that is what I see everyday on my walks.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09
                  AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Cyclefan. Because I follow the sport of professional cycling. I change my avatar often because I want to share my love of the sport and the beauty of the athletes with y'all.
                    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

I was soooo drunk I can't even remember signing up! I even book marked it. Hmmm... I was pretty smart in my toxic fog back then. LOL.

I am just very happy to have spelled it right!

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

peacenik because i dig peace yo...teehee...and because i needed some of it in my head when i signed on here.

my avatar is self explanatory, although before it would have been a big old "I LOVE WINE" shot!

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

I'm terrible at picking nicknames. My friend gave me lilmea as a nick on another site we were on together. I liked it so I used it here. My avatar is a gray cat thinking (his toes are suppose to be tapping!) Right now I'm trying to think through situations instead of just reacting.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Thanks Ruby! I've always wanted to know, too...

My avatar is a picture of my toddlers holding hands. They are best friends. Of course, part of the reason I'm working on this is for them. Seeing their image helps me remember that.

"Still Fighting" because I've been battling alcoholism for years. I think my first trip to AA was back in 2000. I'm not sober yet, but I keep coming back to that idea, so I must still be in the ring, fighting for what I think is the right thing to do.

I wouldn't mind posting a picture of myself, or a bit more personal stuff, but my husband would be convinced I was just looking for another man (paranoid creature that he is).

Thanks, Ruby! (and I love that picture of your dog)
                            "If it is to be, it is up to me" -R Stayer
                            "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

My screen name is for a knife sharpening business, ChefSharp, that I started in 2004.

My avatar is Sally from Peanuts because I love Charlie Brown and Peanuts. My true fave is Lucy, but my good friend Lucy Van Pelt (Beth) had already taken that. I thought about picking Charlie Brown as an avatar, but I did not want to misrepresent myself (I am female). Sally is also reading in the picture, and I am an English teacher as well, so I thought that worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X