SCREEN NAMES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCREEN NAMES

I chose cuckoosnest83 because I loved the Ken Kesey book and also the movie plus I felt a little "nuts" when I logged on here the first time. The 83 is close to the year I read the book. My avatar is the view from my cabin in WV.

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Great thread Rubes!

For most things I sign up for online I use the username of a bar I used to own (I only use it, because it is never taken- not because I particularly wish to remember the bar!) This did not really seem appropriate here- so I was going to use the name of the town where I live, but thought I might get 'found' if anyone I know was searching for stuff about our town (village) so I chose Marbella, a town in the south of Spain I stayed at for about 5 months, many years ago! It means 'Beautiful Sea'.

My Avatar changes, it's usually something doggy- the current one is my little Jack.

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

I bet you can guess!

My avatar is one of the ones offered here, although that looks like my foot (along with the toe ring I've worn for 29 years) and I'm a happy kind of person.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Angel - my name is Angela & people often refer to me as Angel, my sister in particular says I'm like an angel (awww!)
          And I like to bake - it brings out the mother/nurturer in me.

My avatar changes but as I currently live in NZ I thought these guys are appropriate.

Thanks for asking Rubes!!!
          xo

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

I love musicals, and Mame is the name of a musical that I saw many, many years ago when I was a kid, that starred Lucille Ball, and who I instantly adopted as my role model. Is based on a book called Auntie Mame, which I later read. The Auntie Mame character is one of those larger-than-life, absolutely fabulous women, who everyone gravitates to, and who manages her way cheerfully through hard times as well as good. She is my alter-ego (the real me is usually the quiet and sensible one!).

Avatar is a screen shot from Manamana (the Muppets) ........ one of my favourite songs of all time and guaranteed to make anyone feel happy!!! Full version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC9FtLQJoGM[/video]]YouTube - manamana
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Mine is kind of obvious, I live in Alaska so AKgirl seemed appropriate

Originally from Vegas (who would have thunk it) LOL

I usually make my avatar something Alaskan
              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

I think mine is pretty obvious too.... when I chose it I was always pressed for time with running a business, 3 kids, husband who traveled all the time. It seemed time (and wine) was my biggest enemy, thus prest4time. The avatar is an old picture a friend took of me when I put on mismatched shoes while in a hurry -- a trademark I am known for when rushing out the door. I do not know how many times I have arrived somewhere to be notified that my shoes do not match.
                If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Marshy because I live near a big parkland called Hackney Marshes - it's my garden in the city.

Avatar? Hmm. I like geometric patterns... Attached files [img]/converted_files/825454=4806-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

This is turning out better than I expected! I am so excited to understand you all so much better.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

cuckoosnest83;559569 wrote: I chose cuckoosnest83 because I loved the Ken Kesey book and also the movie plus I felt a little "nuts" when I logged on here the first time. The 83 is close to the year I read the book. My avatar is the view from my cabin in WV.
                      I love this avatar! It looks so much like the view from our cabin in the N. Georgia mountains!
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Pretty straight forward really. I grew up strengthening my ideals based on the old hippie movement of the 60's. I wasn't born till 1970 but still felt like one of the old 'shell shocked' hippies coming out of 'Woodstock' who thought the world was gonna change for the better!! When I took off the rose-tinted glasses and stopped romanticizing about life I became even more negative about life and what was going wrong with the world rather than what I could make of it for myself. Life's what you make it as the old saying goes!!!lol. Hippie was already taken as a username here so I just added my age at the time I joined at the end; and so hippie37 was born.

My avatars have changed dramatically over the time I've been here from political to just plain daft and stupid.

I am seriously thinking of changing my name though as although it explains my gentle character perfectly I think it's a name that keeps me buried in the past for some reason too. If that makes sense!!

Love and Happiness
                        Hippie
                        xx
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Cuckoo, I love Ken Kesey's book, too. I loved the movie, too. Also loved Sometimes a Great Notion, by Kesey.

I also felt cuckoo when I came here.

My name was more tied up with herbs. I really like lavendar, mint, chammomile, coneflower, chives....Etc... The first thing that came to my mind in trying to comeup with a name was herbs. I didn't want something too feminine or too masculine. So I picked dill. It's pretty, but pungent? Also, the little girl character from To Kill a Mockingbird.... I just liked it!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Hippie, keep your name!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

dill;559695 wrote: Cuckoo, I love Ken Kesey's book, too. I loved the movie, too. Also loved Sometimes a Great Notion, by Kesey.

I also felt cuckoo when I came here.

My name was more tied up with herbs. I really like lavendar, mint, chammomile, coneflower, chives....Etc... The first thing that came to my mind in trying to comeup with a name was herbs. I didn't want something to ofeminine or too masculine. So I picked dill. It's pretty, but pungeant? Also, the little girl character from to kill a mockingbird.
                              ... I just liked it!
                              I love that book!
                              RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

SCREEN NAMES

Hey Dill, my eldest son is called Harper - after Harper Lee who wrote 'To Kill a Mockingbird'...she was a woman but still it suits a boy also I think.

xo

Comment

Working...
                                X