Army Thread March 1st 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krigs - great to see you! Yes, I now a lot about codepency - Vea loved "looking after me" after my benders, quite hated it when I got sober and therefore stronger! Great to see you here my darl, and all the best with your endeavours
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Seabers, the weather wont prevent you from getting to interview will it?????
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Kriggs, what the hell, are you hurting and not spilling to the gang??

Comment

Hey Kaporooney,
          What a couple of weeks you had!!!!! I probably would have taken the same action you did, but you are back on the sober horse? Yes? Are you feeling better physically? Ankle? Back?
          Things will improve esp if you stay well away from the AL...HAve a better week, Kaper
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Kriggy, you will sort this, just like you sort every other problem that comes your way...I know you will ..

Comment

Starts! Great to see you too. I feel really low, but no-where near as low as right before I picked up that damned drink....weird ay. Am so grateful to say it didn't last NEARLY as long as I usually do - progress thanks to you dear, dear lot. How are you, Starts

Comment

Kapo, you probably know this..but anyway I will say it...when I feel low, I KNOW that eventually it will pass, I am learning just to go with it, not try and change it, just accept it and know that it will go...you must do the same....you are such a strong and determined soul, you have got through so much and you also know that the sober life is the one you want.
                If you ever get so low again please shout, dont let yourself sink OK?

Comment

HAVE TO GO, gRACIE WANTS TO PLAY DORA, SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW, kAPO, STAY STRONG, YOU ARE STRONG AND WE FECKIN LOVE YOU!

Comment

Yes indeed, Krigs....although I have to admit, I DO feel that oh-so-real sense of failure....however, back on that vital wagon....we need each other here ay x x x

Comment

CAPS, soz...

Comment

I really hope they call to postpone my interview. The driving is going to be horrendous. If they don't then I will have to go.
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

You stay right here with the Army Kap, We love ya.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

LimeyLemon,
                            I have had a really bad few days with hubby....he has been off work and drinking really heavily. Fri he fell down the stairs and I had to take him to the e-room to get CAT scan on his head and x-rays for neck and ribs. He was knocked out for a couple of hours while I was at work, so when he finally crawled up the stairs to his phone to call me he said he wanted to go to the hospital. That bought him two more days of drinking at home. He's at work now but I'm sure those around him can still smell the alcohol (it comes out of his pores since he eats almost nothing). Even the nurse in the ER said she smelled alcohol on him. I don't know what to do but I know I'm terribly co-dependent. Thanks for asking Limey
                            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

See you, Limers - and yes, Starts - I KNOW about all things passing etc - I had seemed to wait for nearly a week, after being in Christchurch with family and basically putting every one else's needs first (as we often do) and ignoring that very silent/loud screaming!!! In hindsight I know that I SHOULD ( I HATE that word) have gone to an AA meeting, but I had a SERIOUS case of the "fuck-its" - any way I am so glad to have this outlet - nobody else knows that I had a "slip" x

Comment

kriger;560472 wrote: LimeyLemon,
                                I have had a really bad few days with hubby....he has been off work and drinking really heavily. Fri he fell down the stairs and I had to take him to the e-room to get CAT scan on his head and x-rays for neck and ribs. He was knocked out for a couple of hours while I was at work, so when he finally crawled up the stairs to his phone to call me he said he wanted to go to the hospital. That bought him two more days of drinking at home. He's at work now but I'm sure those around him can still smell the alcohol (it comes out of his pores since he eats almost nothing). Even the nurse in the ER said she smelled alcohol on him. I don't know what to do but I know I'm terribly co-dependent. Thanks for asking Limey
                                Krigs, I never realised you were going through so much...I am SO sorry, it must be so hard for you just now :l

Comment

Working...
                                X