Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread March 1st 2009

Hi Evie,
    I'm glad you called your brother and got some things sorted...this is an important visit for the two of you. I send my special thoughts to you this week (and always). K
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Vlad,
      Some people were getting down on hippie....I think it was another incident of drunken posting....it is a shame people get so out of control sometimes! I try to ignore. Krigginator
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Do you think they were just checking their email in their drunken state, saw a junk mail, but somehow thought their were in their PM box on MWO.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Nah, they probably just wanted to get someone's back up.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

And unfortunately, they picked on Hips.

Comment

How bloody ironic is that? I STARTED page 2 with my humerous post about there not being one!!! I knew that would happen!!

Hi Cym! Made up to see AA is working for you; and you seem to be ploughing through the step work. You must be really working hard on yourself mate and good luck to ya.

I'm still nowhere near gaining a sponsor and doing any step-work at present. I looked at an old sponsor/sponsee step guide from N/A the other day and it just freaked me a bit when I saw the last question on the list.

1. What do you have to give to the "we" of N.A.?
              2. How have you been isolating?
              3. How good are you at being a part of?
              4. How many times is the word "admitted" in our steps?
              5. Why is this word so important?
              6. How good are you at admitting?
              7. In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of "admitted".
              8. Write your own definition of "admitted."
              9. What is your definition of powerless.
              10. In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of "powerless".
              11. What does the word "were" mean as used in the 1st step.
              12. What is "our addiction"?
              13. Look through the 1st ten chapters of Basic Text and write down all definitions for addiction. (Stated or Implied)
              14. What is the disease of addiction?
              15. Why is being clean not enough?
              16. How was my life unmanageable in my addiction?
              17. How is my life unmanageable in recovery?
              18. How do I apply the First Step in my life?
              19. How are our Steps different than any other 12 Step program
              20. Am I willing to accept the Steps as a way of life?
              21. In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of "addiction".
              22. Write out how you were powerless over your addiction when using and in your recovery.
              23. What does "had become" mean when used in the 1st Step?
              24. In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of "unmanageable."
              25. Write out your definition of "unmanageable."
              26. How was your life unmanageable when you were using and in recovery.
              27. Who managed your life when using and who manages your life in recovery?
              28. What does sponsorship have to do with the 1st Step?
              29. Write out benefits of accepting your powerlessness over your addiction.
              30. Write out the benefits of surrendering your life to N.A.

I wanted to run a bleedn mile mate!! This is when I started thinking about the whole conditioning issue!!. I know I gotta take things more slowly and in doing so I think I will eventually come to accept things and therefore be ready to start step-work. Step 1 though is major and not something I want to take lightly and I need to be totally honest with myself in doing that step otherwise there is simply no point in continuing with the rest really.

Love and Happiness to all you other lovely troops out there today and thanks for the show of support concerning other issues going on on the forum.

Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

hippie37;560122 wrote: How bloody ironic is that? I STARTED page 2 with my humerous post about there not being one!!! I knew that would happen!!

Hi Cym! Made up to see AA is working for you; and you seem to be ploughing through the step work. You must be really working hard on yourself mate and good luck to ya.

I'm still nowhere near gaining a sponsor and doing any step-work at present. I looked at an old sponsor/sponsee step guide from N/A the other day and it just freaked me a bit when I saw the last question on the list.

1. What do you have to give to the "we" of N.A.?
                2. How have you been isolating?
                3. How good are you at being a part of?
                4. How many times is the word "admitted" in our steps?
                5. Why is this word so important?
                6. How good are you at admitting?
                7. In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of "admitted".
                8. Write your own definition of "admitted."
                9. What is your definition of powerless.
                10. In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of "powerless".
                11. What does the word "were" mean as used in the 1st step.
                12. What is "our addiction"?
                13. Look through the 1st ten chapters of Basic Text and write down all definitions for addiction. (Stated or Implied)
                14. What is the disease of addiction?
                15. Why is being clean not enough?
                16. How was my life unmanageable in my addiction?
                17. How is my life unmanageable in recovery?
                18. How do I apply the First Step in my life?
                19. How are our Steps different than any other 12 Step program
                20. Am I willing to accept the Steps as a way of life?
                21. In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of "addiction".
                22. Write out how you were powerless over your addiction when using and in your recovery.
                23. What does "had become" mean when used in the 1st Step?
                24. In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of "unmanageable."
                25. Write out your definition of "unmanageable."
                26. How was your life unmanageable when you were using and in recovery.
                27. Who managed your life when using and who manages your life in recovery?
                28. What does sponsorship have to do with the 1st Step?
                29. Write out benefits of accepting your powerlessness over your addiction.
                30. Write out the benefits of surrendering your life to N.A.

I wanted to run a bleedn mile mate!! This is when I started thinking about the whole conditioning issue!!. I know I gotta take things more slowly and in doing so I think I will eventually come to accept things and therefore be ready to start step-work. Step 1 though is major and not something I want to take lightly and I need to be totally honest with myself in doing that step otherwise there is simply no point in continuing with the rest really.

Love and Happiness to all you other lovely troops out there today and thanks for the show of support concerning other issues going on on the forum.

Hippie
                xx
                OMG Hippie- i can understand you wanting to run- it all seems like so much...paperwork...? for want of a better word.

But I guess we only get out of something what we are prepared to put in- does anybody help you work through these questions?

Comment

Wow, 30 points!! I am feeling great for doing my 4 steps so far. Suppose one way of looking at it is we ain't got anything to lose? We might as well give it a go, and if it doesn't work for us we can let it be.
                  Thanks for the st davids day best wishes cf. No leek, but I've got my daffodils out!
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I cannot believe how our weather has changed!!! We are having THUNDER SNOW!!! Already several inches on the ground, and two days ago temp was 70 F!
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Army
                      Just dropping by to say hello u all sound upbeat, Cymru u sound really positive well done. Red Al Anon is for relatives of alcoholics, it is a twelve step programme based on the twelve steps of AA. I attended for a number of years when I was living with my husband who was alcoholic. It is an excellent programme - a blueprint for living I think we called it. Evie I am delighted that you are going to visit your brother, I am praying for u both. Zenie what are you doing in the yard all of the time? Each post u seem to be coming or going to the yard would love to know as I am nosey and I have all sorts of ideas in my head as to the weird and wonderful things that could be happening in that yard!!
                      Luv:l

Comment

Think I killed the thread

Comment

Its very quiet without the 3 muskateers here irish. Sure when they get back we will all want to know what trouble they got themselves into andd will get to page 50 by the end of the night!
                          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Yep Cym there will be no stopping them when they come back, it should be a good floor show!!!.

Comment

hey everybody, I'm back on, haven't been doing so good this weekend, alot of stuff came up that I couldn't deal with sober. Sorry.
                              The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                              -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Oh Dear Zen sorry to hear about your Mom, how old is she? she went in for spinal surgery and now having exp.Laparotomy, that is really worrying. Will light candle for u both. Re the yard very interesting...... Rick and you 'up the yard' I would call it a garden but hey the same principal flowers shrubs etc. I am an RN amongst other things PM me if I can be of assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                X