Dare I say it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dare I say it?

Glad this was bumped. Such GREAT posts!!! It is something we aren't prepared for when we stop drinking - WHAT NOW? Sort of like after all the presents are opened and everyone's gone home after Christmas. I saw a very old friend who happens to be a long-time alcoholic. He was making yet another bid to quit, and doing very well. Anyway, he's sitting in the sunshine outside the local country store as I went in, and I when I asked how he was doing, replied, "I just never knew there were this minutes in the day. Hard to find things to fill them up!" I guess thats what happens to us all.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Dare I say it?

Starlight, you've offered many insightful posts over the past few years that I have been a member. I'm proud of you (and hugely jealous) of the fact that you have given up the alcohol. And I am also very impressed that you are considering therapy. Nothing but good could come out of it. Right now you should be so proud of yourself for not drinking, but you're not focused on that Why not? Take care of yourself. Allow yourself some self reflection in counseling. You deserve it. Good luck!

Comment

Dare I say it?

Star - I'm actually Envious of you! I wish I could afford counseling... But I think (judging from past experience) that the trust between you & counselor will build over time. It doesn't happen in a day. But if for some reason (after a couple sessions) you still don't feel at ease - no crime in finding another counselor.

Their job is not to judge (heck - we'd go to our families if that's what we wanted! :H). They should be guiding you into a journey of self-healing.

Good Luck!
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Dare I say it?

Hey Star-
          You are always one of my favorite people here. you have so much to be proud of. I know, even though we didn't expect a bed of roses, it is sucky to think after so much time without alcohol, and with such hard work, that we stil have work to do. And I understand, how the lure of just getting "comfortably numb" seems desirable. But we werent happy then...if we were, we would still be drinking, This is a huge step, and a great one. No, you wont be spilling your guts out, because that is not who you are. But, you will start to process things, and figure some things out that before may have led you to the bottle. That is amazing.

You go girl!!!

With love,

beth
          formerly known as bak310

Comment

Working...
          X